Subject: I have found a DVD that I think you would enjoy
Actors: Fred Williamson, Richard Pryor
Hold your horses and hang on to your hat. Richard Pryor and Fred Williamson are riding into town in the funniest, wildest western this side of the Rio Grande. Theyre the coolest, shrewdest dudes who ever swindled a sheri... more »
A guerilla filmaking time capsule!!!
Ronald Thomas | New York City | 03/19/1999
(3 out of 5 stars)
"Adios Amigo is a funny and whacky film made on a half of a shoestring budget. Atleast that is how it appears!!! The production values are strained and the the writing is somewhat flimsy!!! But, if you are a fan of the co-stars, Richard Pryor and Fred Williamson, who gives a damn. These guys are ripe for adventure and at the peak of their powers. Now, in back of the camera, no doubt, the pressures and machinations of Hollywood were poised to crush this effort in the preamble. But, the movie was made anyway, and that is a miracle in itself. Kudos to producer and Co-Star Fred Williamson!!! The mood is decidedly lighthearted!!! If you can get this film, watch it with an appreciation for the effort and the pure courage it took to even mount the production against insurmountable odds. Sillyness not-withstanding,The more times you view it the funnier it gets!!! Go ahead and laugh!!!"
Paul Kazee | 05/08/2010
(2 out of 5 stars)
"There appear to be 3 versions of this currently available. I own two of them. Of the two I own, the CHEEZY FLICKS disc is preferred over the TRINITY disc for the following reasons:
1) Though image quality of the CHEEZY FLICKS disc is not great, it is clearer than the TRINITY disc.
2) The CHEEZY FLICKS disc includes extras (vintage intermission ads and trailers for other movies), while the TRINTIY does not.
3) The TRINITY disc cuts-off a tiny bit more of the image on the sides of the frame than the CHEEZY FLICKS disc does.
That said, the TRINITY disc does have two things going for it:
1) The color on the TRINITY disc is richer on the CHEEZY FLICKS disc.
2) The CHEEZY FLICKS disc cuts-off more image on the top and bottom than the TRINITY disc does (and the amount of loss is greater than the amount of side-to-side loss that one gets with the TRINITY disc."