Subject: I have found a DVD that I think you would enjoy
|Andy Andrews - The Seven Decisions|
Bestselling author, masterful storyteller, and inspirational speaker Andy Andrews reveals The Seven Decisions that will transform your life into a brilliant adventure! Using wit, wisdom, and remarkable true stories to illu... more »
Similarly Requested DVDs
Member Movie Reviews
Stacey P. from DADE CITY, FL
Reviewed on 3/9/2011...
Excellent!!!! I love Andy Andrews - he is amazing and very motivational.
Interesting, but nothing new here...
K. Henderson | California | 06/23/2006
(3 out of 5 stars)
"Andy Andrews is an engaging speaker that has read many biographies of famous people and found 7 common threads in their lives. He shares them with you in this DVD while sharing some interesting stories of famous people. Although inspirational, there are no surprises here. It probably would be more powerful to see him in person.
The 7 Decisions:
1. The Buck Stops Here - Take personal responsibility for where you are in your life.
2. Seek Wisdom - Educate yourself, and surround yourself with wise people to help you make wise choices.
3. Be a Person of Action - Be a courageous leader.
4. Have a Decided Heart - Make decisions and move forward, adjusting as necessary. Don't dwell on past mistakes and uncertainty.
5. Choose Happiness - No one wants to be around a whiner... be someone that others like to spend time with.
6. Forgive others - Forgiving others allows you to be free to move on and not dwell on the trespasses of others.
7. Persist - Persevere without exception. (This one I have a tough time with. I believe there has to be a point where the handwriting is on the wall. You can't just have whatever you want because of persistence. There are limits for your dreams, and recognizing them is something wise and educated people do.)
I have seen and heard them all, but....
R. Albright | Birmingham, AL | 12/12/2005
(5 out of 5 stars)
"I have seen and heard them all - from Norman Vincent Peale to Zig Zigler to Wayne Dyer et al - but Andy Andrews is much different. He is far more than a "motivational speaker" - he is every bit a philosopher, a modern day Mark Twain. Like Twain, Andy makes the obvious startling and what you think you already know, well, NEW! I am older than Andy and have, through coincidence, study and self-examination, come to many of the same "decisions." But Andy made it all make sense to me in a grander way. If you listen to Andrews' presentation, your life *will* be better for it. He is a fascinating speaker and thinker. Taking a page from his presentation, I wish I could have him on MY Board of Directors! Enjoy!"
This review is for the PBS release
FiddleQuack | Ohio | 12/09/2005
(5 out of 5 stars)
"I have not seen the full DVD, but saw an abridged version on PBS last week. It was wonderful. The seven principals Mr. Andrews presents are not anything you haven't heard before--but they're presented in an impactful way so that you digest them differently and perhaps more thoroughly than you may have. His speaking style is humorous enough to be engaging and entertaining, but serious enough that you never lose the meat of the message. This DVD package promises a lot of extras that weren't on PBS special--I'm looking forward to it and highly recommend it!"