Subject: I have found a DVD that I think you would enjoy
|The Big Red One - The Reconstruction |
Two Disc Special Edition--Widescreen
Genres: Action & Adventure, Drama, Military & War
THE FAMOUS FIRST DIVISON OF THE U.S. ARMY IS THE BACKGROUND OF THIS WORLD WAR II FILM. MARVIN STARS AS AN EXPERIENCED SERGEANT WITH FOUR TEENAGERS IN HIS SQUAD. COMBAT PERIOD COVERS THE LANDING IN NORTH AFRICA THRU THE INV... more »
Similarly Requested DVDs
Member Movie Reviews
Jay F. (CamJay77) from MANSFIELD, OH
Reviewed on 5/26/2013...
Great movie, great DVD set (The Reconstruction). 162 minutes compared to 113 on the regular release. The added scenes bring it all together taking it from good to great. Many special features:
- "The Real Glory: Reconstructing "The Big Red One" - "Meeting Sam", "The Survivors", "Lee Marvin", "The Reconstruction" with Richard Schickel who produced it. With Samuel Fuller and people involved discussing him, the movie and the putting together of The Reconstruction. Good stuff here. 47 minutes.
- "The Men Who Made The Movies: Samuel Fuller. 54 minutes.
- Anatomy of a Scene. 18+ minutes.
- Alternate Scenes,with Brian Hamblin, Post-Production Supervisor of The Reconstruction. Technical information(how, what,why) they were not in movie. Some good stuff including Sam's young daughter Samantha. 32 minutes.
- A War Department film from 1946 titled "The Fighting First. 12+ minutes.
- A Promo reel containing portions of the missing scenes discovered by Warner Brothers in 1999 that was the inspiration for The Reconstruction. 30 minutes.
- Stills Gallery.
- Trailers: "Fuller's Story" :30, "Sergeant" :30 , "Reconstruction" 2:15 .
- 2 30 second radio spots.
George K. from ZANESVILLE, OH
Reviewed on 12/12/2010...
I have enjoyed the movie since I first saw it, and wanted to get a copy for myself. My father was in the 1st Inf. Div. in WW II. The reconstructed version is great, since I last saw the movie on VHS, but I have not viewed the second disc yet.
Under stated war film
Ross Fernandes | Boston, MA | 09/17/2009
(5 out of 5 stars)
"one of the greatest over looked war films in history. Definitely worth a watch. Make sure to get RECONSTRUCTION version!"
Good movie quality dvd
Carryit | iowa | 02/19/2009
(4 out of 5 stars)
"this is a classic war movie, and with lee marvin who was a for real combat marine in the south pacific it has a sense of the realistic.... its worth owning and the quality of the dvd is very good"
Big Red One
R. Dunkle | 11/19/2009
(5 out of 5 stars)
"Great update to a great movie. Fills in a lot of gaps the original left open. This is a keeper."