Subject: I have found a DVD that I think you would enjoy
Actors: Maria Ortiz, Miles O'Keeffe, Rena Watts, Stancy Clements, Andy Hamrick
Director: Donald Farmer
Genres: Action & Adventure, Drama, Military & War
Similarly Requested DVDs
Member Movie Reviews
Toni M. (tonimo) from LUFKIN, TX
Reviewed on 1/6/2008...
Good story...bad acting.
This is a Bad Movie
Timothy S. Kolean | Rockford, MI United States | 11/18/2002
(1 out of 5 stars)
"This is so low budget that it is embarrassing. The acting is poor,about the level of a bad High School play. The Civil War
battle reenacting scenes are poorly done. Finally, The storyline is bad. Most of the movie story makes no sense. I paid [$] for this DVD and it wasn't worth that."
WHAT A FARCE!
Michael Butts | Martinsburg, WV USA | 10/06/2004
(1 out of 5 stars)
"BLOOD AND HONOR is one bad movie.
1. The same battle scenes are shown twice, with the same results. The blood looks like ketchup more than any film I've ever seen.
2. Miles O'Keefe receives star billing and is hardly in the movie at all.
3. The acting by all (except a mildly effective Andy Hamrick in the role of Craig) is atrocious. The girl who plays Caroline is so bad, she's hilarious.
4. The direction is inane and amateurish; the narration is ridiculous.
5. This plays like a bad, real bad Barbara Caitland novel.
6. The movie ends out of nowhere and we never know what happens to Miles O'Keefe's character.
7. During the out credits, they show actors in scenes that weren't even in the movie. Like who is the black couple and where did they even come from?
8. A film produced by David Heavener, one of b movie's most inauspicious actors/directors/singers.
DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME UNLESS YOU REALLY LIKE BAD BAD MOVIES."
Proof there's no life after film school!
TrezKu13 | Norfolk, VA | 12/20/2004
(1 out of 5 stars)
"Words cannot best describe how I feel about this movie, but perhaps I can try. What did I feel when I watched this movie? I think it was along the lines of pain, torture, grief...at one point there was crying. I think halfway through I even had a knife to my wrists and only the hands of those nearby saved me.
Imagine taking all those famous Civil War sagas like "The Blue and the Gray" or "North and South." Now imagine combing all that into an hour and twenty minutes. Now imagine giving it a budget of $5 and casting all your film school friends as characters. What I have just described is this movie.
This movie is low-budget in every aspect of the word. The dresses look like they came from a highschool play, the same room is used like once or twice, and the military uniforms are only uniforms because the people wearing them happen to be in the military and they also happen to be wearing them. The blood in one scene looked like smeared lipstick (I'm not kidding). And the battle scene...ho ho ho! The battle scenes are the best! Imagine this:
1) Shots of a re-enactment.
2) Shot of two confederate guys shooting.
3) Shot of two union guys shooting. One falls down.
4) More shots of a re-enactment.
That's the battle scene.
And acting, well, that just tops the charts. Really bad southern accents combined with the corniest lines imaginable do not make for good cinema. "Ah thought ah lehft mah killin'...on da battahfeeld." Even Miles O'Keefe, the poor man's poor man's poor man's poor man's Chuck Norris, can't save this movie. He had more dignity running around blaring NO! in "Cave Dwellers."
Should you see this movie? If you've seen "Gettysburg," "Glory," "Gods and Generals," "North and South," or "The Red Badge of Courage"...then go out and buy those movies. Forget you ever read this review and forget you ever heard of this movie."