Subject: I have found a DVD that I think you would enjoy
|Chasing Liberty |
Even when she's playing a girl with a head full of air in a plot full of holes, Mandy Moore manages to make Chasing Liberty wholesomely appealing. It's too bad that "wholesome," in this case, means frolicking around Prague... more »
Disappointed there is no sound track CD for "Chasing Liberty
David Lee | Moorea, Tahiti, [and Alexandria, Corsica, Poconos, | 01/31/2006
(4 out of 5 stars)
"Mandy Moore, Annabella Sciorra and Jeremy Piven are absolutely wonderful in the movie.
Storyline could have been better.
There are many excellent scenes of Europe, which make me want to trek thru
many places (Washington, Prague, Venice, Austria, Berlin, Harvard U, London).
An excellent collection of great music is in the movie, in the same order:
- American Girl, by Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers
- The Seed, by The Roots
- If You Won't, by Jesse Harris
- Vivi Davvero, by Giorgia -- amazing Italian tune !
- If I'm not in love (with you), from Faith Hill's Breathe album
- Life will go on, from Chris Issak's Always Got Tonight album
- Puccini's Nessun Dorma, by Amici Forever -- always great !!
- To be with you, by Caroline Lost -- WoW !!!
----- For those who enjoy the music in the movie, here's the complete list (from IMDB) -----
(all original music in the film is by Christian Henson)
01. Goo Goo Dolls - Big Machine (trailer)
02. Michelle Branch - Find Your Way Back (trailer)
03. Tom Petty - American Girl (Washington DC - opening)
04. Rooney - Stay Away (Wahington DC - first date)
05. 7th Sun - Melody (Prague - walking to concert)
06. The Roots - The Seed 2.0 (Prague - concert)
07. Frantisek Cerny - Deja Vu (Prague - Marquis de Sade bar)
08. Jesse Harris - If you won't (Prague - walking down the alley)
09. Offenbach - La Belle Helen (Prague - the opera playing on the screen)
10. Jason Mraz - Who Needs Shelter (Prague - waking up on the rooftop)
11. Apollo 440 - Can't Stop the Rock (Prague - train station)
12. Sean Paul - Get Busy (McGruff on the train)
13. Giorgia - Vivi Davvero (exploring Venice)
14. Faith Hill - If I'm Not In Love (Austria - ben chasing anna on the kids bike)
15. Sean Paul - Get Busy (Austria - bungee jumping)
16. Jason Mraz - Who Needs Shelter (Austria - waking up at the campsite)
17. Yomanda - Free (Berlin - love parade)
18. Mansun - Wide Open Space - Perfecto mix by Paul Oakenfold (Berlin - love parade)
19. Benny Benassi - Satisfaction (Berlin - love parade - good beat, no lyrics)
20. Chris Isaak - Life Will Go On (Berlin - in the helicopter and during flashback)
21. uncredited opera singer - Nessun Dorma (London - in the theater at the end)
22. Caroline Lost - To Be With You (during credits)"
SOUNDTRACK--no cd, just songs from the film
fink | New york, New york | 01/24/2005
(5 out of 5 stars)
"Yomanda- youre free*
Jason Mraz- who needs shelter*
Caroline Lost- to be with you
Chris Issak- life will go on
Faith Hill- If I'm not in love with you*
Jesse Harris- if you wont
The Roots- the seed
Giorgia- Vovi Davvero
Michelle Branch- Find your way back
Rooney- stay away*
* = personal favorites"
A nice fun movie; the critics have been unfair
David Lee | 01/18/2004
(5 out of 5 stars)
"If you are tired of movies filled with computer graphics, tired of movies filled with explosions and destruction, tired of movies of teens doing things that will get them arrested, tired of movies about people with "real life problems", Chasing Liberty is a delightful, lightweight, fun (and funny), escapism movie that leaves you feeling good at the end. Yes the plot is a bit implausible and limited, but that is the fun of this movie. Mandy Moore is wonderful as Anna Foster, only daughter of U.S. President Foster, who is tired of living in a bubble. She wants to be a real teenager and experience life and love. Anna escapes the bubble, while on a state trip to Czech Republic, with the aid of someone (Matthew Goode), who turns out not to be who she thinks. Mandy has amazing talent for her age, and is set to be a superstar actress in the near future. She does not deserve to still be titled as a "pop princess" anymore. She is an actress in her own right, who can sing. She fills the screen with her personality and presence, definitely a star. The movie extends her skills requiring acting during action scenes. Goode's character as a British secret service agent (not clear how) is underutilized.
Chasing Liberty and Mandy Moore have been unfairly savaged by the "critics". It is a beautifully shot, nice, fluffy and fun movie and should be seen by those who want to escape from real life for a couple of hours. If you do not, there are plenty of alternatives."
Come on, you know you like it.
David Lee | 01/11/2004
(4 out of 5 stars)
"Let me just start off with yes, I love romantic fluff, and I'm not ashamed to admit it. This was a great piece of romantic fluff to watch on a lazy afternoon. It wasn't boring, the lead characters looked good, and it had a great soundtrack. Sure, you could drive a Mac truck through the plot holes, and I'd be pretty scared if the secret service was as dimwitted as they were in this movie, but it still did not take away from my enjoyment of the movie. If your a realist and hate quality cheese, save your time and money, and don't watch this movie. However, if you're like me and like happy endings, cute kisses, and leaving reality back in the real world, you may just enjoy this flick too. Good job, Mandy Moore and Matthew Goode!"