Subject: I have found a DVD that I think you would enjoy
Actors: Tom Berenger, Stephen Baldwin, Dennis Rodman, Maxine Bahns, Ron Silver
Genres: Action & Adventure
Similarly Requested DVDs
Member Movie Reviews
Robert S. (diverdog) from DOVER, DE
Reviewed on 5/20/2009...
This is a great movie for the dedicated or wannabee sky diver.
1 of 3 member(s) found this review helpful.
Just "Cutaway" and enjoy it!
Jon Young | Columbus, Ga | 06/19/2003
(3 out of 5 stars)
"I will admit that the first time I viewed this film I did not like it. As an active skydiver I could point out many flaws. The plot is quite unrealistic and for some, the professional sport of skydiving is once again not put in a good light. But once I stepped back, took off the serious glasses and put on the fun pair I actually enjoyed it. US Customs Agent Vic Cooper (Stephen Baldwin) finds himself in the world of competition skydiving while in pursuit of narcotraffickers in the Miami area. In order to enjoy the film, do not watch it for the following reasons:
1. An accurate depiction of US Customs counter-narcotics procedures.
2. An accurate portrayal of USPA group member drop zones and operational procedures.
3. An accurate portrayal of the attitude of the US Army Golden Knights (Parachute Team). Referring to the stereotypical arrogance and machismo.
4. That Stephen Baldwin "can really" win in a fight against Dennis Rodman (Turbo).
Do watch it for the following reasons:
1. The cinematography of the jump scenes is well done.
2. The music score is good and with the jump scenes add to the excitement.
3. An overall "cops and robbers" how did they do it plot.
So just "cutaway" with the serious critique. Its not gonna win best picture. Just have fun with it."
Love this movie for what it is
skunktrain | 11/14/2003
(5 out of 5 stars)
"Let's be honest, nobody's winning an Oscar for this one. But take this movie for what it's worth. The skydiving shots are awesome, there's some good humor (some intentional, some as a direct result of awful acting and screenwriting), and all in all, it's a fun way to blow an hour and a half.As a rookie in the skydiving world, it's entertaining to see Baldwin's learning curve. Cutaway may seem stupid and out of touch to any "wuffos," but skydivers can be assured find it a decent, although probably still kind of stupid, representation of the rush of jumping."