Subject: I have found a DVD that I think you would enjoy
|Death Race |
Actors: Jason Statham, Joan Allen, Tyrese Gibson, Ian McShane, Natalie Martinez
Director: Paul W.S. Anderson
Genres: Action & Adventure, Science Fiction & Fantasy, Mystery & Suspense
No description available for this title. — Item Type: BLU-RAY DVD Movie — Item Rating: UN — Street Date: 12/21/08 — Wide Screen: yes — Director Cut: no — Special Edition: no — Language: ENGLISH — Foreign Film: noSubtitles: no — Dub... more »
Similarly Requested DVDs
A great guilty pleasure
Monkdude | Hampton, Virginia | 08/23/2008
(4 out of 5 stars)
"I hate just about every Paul W.S. Anderson film, but he actually pulled this one off. The action scenes are intense, helped by the use of practical effects, rather than CGI overkill. Just wait until you see the tanker truck getting flipped in slow motion. Almost as cool as the semi truck flip in The Dark Knight. Jason Statham is the action star of this decade. The man has muscles everywhere and does the most with his limited acting range. Ian McShane of HBO's Deadwood is given some good lines and is one of the more memorable characters in the movie. I hope he gets more big screen parts in the future. Joan Allen turns in performance I could have never pictured her doing before today, and it worked.
Death race will likely give you a headache with it's shaky camera movements and some of the dialogue could have used some work, but I had a great time. If your of the male gender, the cars, guns, explosions and babes will keep you entertained.
3 and 1/2 out of 5 stars"
Addition about difference between Unrated version of DVD and
Aidar Nadraliev | Moscow, RUSSIA | 12/22/2008
(3 out of 5 stars)
"Death Race (Unrated Edition) (Unrated Edition DVD) was released in 2008-12-21 and contains some scenes which are wasn't in the Theathrical release.
The back cover of DVD tells that there is additional 6 min in Unrated version, but there is no any list of what exactly was added.
Here is the list of these additions made by comparing of two versions. Feel free to correct it.
Only significant changes:
1. Scene at the steel mill where the cops come features Jensen egging them on as they attack his fellow coworkers.
2. Cafeteria scene shows the spit actually hitting Jensen's food. Small scene afterward of Ulrich leading Jensen to the Warden's office, telling him that the Warden punishes prisoners "who mess with her drivers."
3. The fate of Jensen's cell mates. (You don't actually see anything happen, just sound effects)
4. Small 15 second scene of Case giving details on how the buttons work during the race: "All four wheels must hit the button at the same time."
5. The machine guns stop working on the front of the Mustang and Case hangs out the window, hitting them with a wrench as the other cars shoot at her. (Probably the longest scene removed from the theatrical release)
6. A few cuts of Grimm's car interior logrolling before it gets launched into the air.
7. Quick cuts of the napalm flames engulfing Travis Colt before his car blows.
8. When Jensen initially attacks Pachenko, he admits that Hennessey and Ulrich did it, and we see a sort of flashback to him and Ulrich sitting in a car watching Jensen step out of the bus.
9. Case make small talk and asks Jensen what his real name is as the two modified Death Race cars speed across the Terminal Prison bridge.
Nothing really significantly different. A little more extended, but not by much, and nothing really improved upon as far as being more-violent and showing more gore than the theatrical release."