Subject: I have found a DVD that I think you would enjoy
|Dorm of the Dead|
Actors: Tiffany Shepis, Andrea Ownbey, Jackey Hall, Jim O'Rear, Kimberly Lynn Cole
Director: Donald Farmer
Genres: Horror, Science Fiction & Fantasy
At Arkham University, campus snobs Clare and Julie (Jackey Hall and "Miss Howard Stern" Andrea Ownbey) have a score to settle with goth chicks Sarah and Allison (Ciara Richards and Adrianna Eder). And when Amy (Tiffany She... more »
Similarly Requested DVDs
Member Movie Reviews
Chad B. (abrnt1) from CABERY, IL
Reviewed on 3/16/2011...
Don't let the Howard Stern quote fool you. The only reason it's on this POS film is due to the fact he was dating one of the stars of this film. This film is awful. It's a horrible waste of time. Boring beyond belief. A cliche filled mess that fails to be at all entertaining. Bad acting, no actual plot and grade z effects. This is one of the worst low budget zombie film's around.
A review from Zombie-Nation!
Zombob | U.S.A. | 10/31/2007
(1 out of 5 stars)
"Where do I start?
1) ACTING: The acting was REALLY BAD...Ciara Richards was the only one who could really sorta act, and she shouldn't worry about writing that oscar speech for quite a while...
2) ZOMBIES: The zombies were "Romero shufflers." Every once in a while, a zombie would urprise someone and disarm a hero by knocking the gun from his hand or something totally out of character for a zombie.
3) THE CAUSE: Apparently, the college professor had travelled to Haiti a few years ago and was attacked by a zombie there. He killed the zombie and took some of its blood back to the states. (Don't know HOW that got past airport security!) So he injects the blood into a female student he's banging on the side (who wanted him to leave his wife for her) apparently hoping for some kind of control over her. She dies and becomes a zombie and proceeds to make more zombies, 'cause he's got her locked up in the school basement / parking garage and, amazingly enough, people do just so happen to go down there. And later, a rich bitch character steals the blood and gives it to her classroom enemy, Sarah, causing her to become a part-time zombie. (don't ask) Sarah has black out and such and becomes a zombie here and there. Kinda like a werewolf, I suppose...
4) SOUNDTRACK: There were a few good songs, but the majority of it was heavy metal techno music that I just can't stand.
5) SPECIAL EFFECTS: ABYSMAL. This movie looks like it was filmed with a camcorder. Nobody seems to know how to line up shots of the actors, so the lighting is correct. The zombies were so-so, consisting of white / gray face make up with minor facial applications and the biggest insult was the make up on the Haiti zombie. That particular zombie looked like a black guy wearing white face make up. Haiti zombies (to me) were more mystical and magic and while they did kill, they didn't really eat people. The one in this movie did (go figure). Victims of the zombies were covered with the latest bag of "innerds" from the local butcher shop. Zombies in this movie happen to like foreplay (?) and when you get bit by a zombie, it looks like a hand full of red food colored cole slaw is thrown onto the ground, to look like gore.
6) NUDITY / SEX: This was the only thing this movie really had going for it, and it was so-so and disappointing. Someone just happened to be filming a lesbian porn movie at the school before the zombies attacked and even that was disappointing.
The DVD case had some artwork taken from other zombie ventures, as I have seen some of it before. Is that legal? Also, it had quotes of praise from Joblo.com, Arrowinthehead.com and even Howard Stern himself. Perhaps they viewed a different movie, because I don't see how anyone could recommend this. This isn't even worth a rental. Avoid at all costs. This movie was made by Under The Bed Films and that's EXACTLY where the movie needs to be...under your bed, never to be seen again.
RATING: 1 out of 5"
The Dorm Wasn't The Only Thing That Was Dead
BO BO BOB | JACKSON, MS | 01/27/2008
(1 out of 5 stars)
"One of the first rules for a good movie is that the movie must be at least one hour and twenty-five minutes long. This movie was just over one hour. Oh, it also stunk. The acting could have been better, but I have seen worse. The dead people looked as if all they needed was a week's sleep and a trip to a salon or maybe even a saloon. I loved the way it began, but it wend downhill after that. I think a better story could have been written around the first two victims and the "goth" girl. The prima-dona was a bit too sterotypical. The story was not the worst, but the acting and special affects did not live up to the story. I have seen worse, but this movie was one of the better of the worst. Don't buy. Don't rent. Wait for someone to throw theirs out and rummage through their garbage."
Anthony Richards | Wash DC | 11/09/2007
(1 out of 5 stars)
"I agree with every thing reb2014 said the movie is horrible...the acting sucks, and looks like this mess was shot with a camcorder.....I should have known it was bad when I ordered it off here, and never seen it at the store...no story line....no plot, just a hot mess....and the music didn't even fit.....horrible, save your money....rent Dead In The Water(2007)...much better"