Subject: I have found a DVD that I think you would enjoy
Actors: Morgan Freeman, Thomas Jane, Jason Lee, Damian Lewis, Timothy Olyphant
Director: Lawrence Kasdan
Genres: Horror, Science Fiction & Fantasy, Mystery & Suspense
Studio: Warner Home Video Release Date: 11/03/2009 Run time: 136 minutes Rating: R
1 of the Best of the Worst! (A Must-See for the Constipated!
Lemmy Caution | San Francisco, CA | 02/16/2010
(5 out of 5 stars)
"Dreamcatcher is quite simply one of the most entertaining "bad" films of recent years. It needs to be included on those "worst films of all time" lists -- movies that manage to be more interesting & memorable that more respectable cinema. You've already seen Plan Nine from Outer Space, Robot Monster, and the entire catalog of infamously "bad" filmmakers like Ed Wood, H.G. Lewis, Doris Wishman, and Dwain Esper? Think you've seen it all -- seen how low it can go? Think again. This film has a lot of things that will stick in your mind, and possibly in your alimentary canal. You simply have to see:
1. Aliens that invade rectal cavities, causing all kinds of rude noises and messy splatters.
2. Morgan Freeman giving an over-the-top performance of a lifetime, ranting about "s--t weasels" and the like.
3. A possessed character begins speaking, for no particular reason, with a ridiculous English accent. (Possessed by Malcolm McDowell, perhaps? Who knows?)
4. A mentally-handicapped character is subjected to all manner of horrid abuse, in a scene that manages to combine the homo-erotic, the sadistic, and the scatological. You won't believe your eyes...
5. A puzzling, out-of-left-field finale that will have you rolling on the floor in further disbelief. There's an "alternate ending" that's just as baffling.
Plan a party. Invite all your friends...and enemies. Serve a lot of cheese, baked beans, and ginger ale. Close off any ventilation. Make your guests watch Dreamcatcher -- and you will live on in their dreams and nightmares -- FOREVER!!!"
My opinion...GREAT MOVIE!
Anthony Sousa | Pittsburgh, PA | 03/16/2010
(5 out of 5 stars)
"i actually like this movie very much. it just has an eerie appeal to it. its really one of those movies where you'll either love it or hate it. just wish it was on bluray lol"