Subject: I have found a DVD that I think you would enjoy
|The Golden Girls - The Complete Fourth Season|
Actor: Betty White
Genres: Comedy, Television
One of television's most highly acclaimed comedies returns for another season that proves that life begins at 50, THE GOLDEN GIRLS. Dorothy, Blanche, Rose, and Sophia are the four mismatched Miami housemates who look out f... more »
Similarly Requested DVDs
The fourth season - the girls at their finest
W. Oliver | Alabama | 11/21/2005
(5 out of 5 stars)
"1. Yes, We Have No Havanas - Blanche discovers that her new beau is two-timing her - with Sophia! Rose takes Dorothy's class in order to get her high school diploma.
2. The Days and Nights of Sophia Petrillo - As Blanche, Rose and Dorothy spend a lazy day sitting around the kitchen table, Sophia spends her busy day doing all sorts of charitable deeds.
3. The One That Got Away - Rose sees a UFO while sitting on the lanai; Blanche attempts to seduce the man who turned her down in the past.
4. Yokel Hero - Rose runs for St. Olaf's Woman of the Year contest.
5. Bang the Drum, Stanley - Stanley talks Sophia into filing a lawsuit when she gets hit on the head by a baseball; Rose and Blanche prepare for their roles in "Cats."
6. Sophia's Wedding (2 parts) - Sophia marries a man from her past; Blanche and Rose kick Dorothy out of their Elvis Presley fan club. One of the most hilarious episodes!
7. Brother, Can You Spare That Jacket? - Sophia mistakenly gives a jacket to charity, not knowing that there is a winning lottery ticket inside the pocket.
8. Scared Straight - Blanche's brother Clayton comes to visit and decides to tell Blanche that he is gay.
9. Stan Takes a Wife - Dorothy's feelings for Stan are rekindled when Sophia becomes ill.
10. The Auction - The girls learn that a famous artist is near death and attempt to buy one of his paintings at an auction as an investment.
11. Blind Date - Blanche meets a handsome man at a bar but doesn't realize that he is blind.
12. The Impotence of Being Ernest - Rose wonders why her new boyfriend doesn't approach the subject of sex.
13. Love Me Tender - Dorothy falls head over heads for a man her mother sets her up with but the attraction is purely physical. Blanche and Rose become a mentor to two teenaged trouble makers.
14. Valentine's Day - The girls reminisce about Valentine's Day when all of their dates cancel on them at the last minute.
15. Two Rode Together - Dorothy feels guilty about not spending quality time with Sophia and decides to take her on a trip to Florida. Sophia is not amused.
16. You Gotta Have Hope - Dorothy can't find a talent act for a hospital charity show and is astounded when Rose tells her that she can get Bob Hope to do it!
17. Fiddler on the Ropes - Sophia invests her money in a prize fighter but on the day before the big fight, he ends up missing.
18. Till Death Do We Volley - Things go a little bit too far when Dorothy's old friend Trudy comes to visit they try to out-do each by playing the biggest pranks.
19. High Anxiety - The girls learn that Rose is addicted to her medication; Sophia and Dorothy are hired to appear in a pizza commercial.
20. Little Sister - Rose is jealous when her sister comes to visit and spends most of her time with Dorothy and Blanche.
21. Sophia's Choice - Sophia rescues one her friends from a badly run nursing home; Blanche decides to have her breasts enlarged.
22. Rites of Spring - The girls discuss ways of improving their appearance for an upcoming party.
23. Foreign Exchange - Two of Sophia's old friends from Sicily come to visit and they have shocking news - Dorothy is really their daughter!
24. We're Outta Here (2 Parts) - Blanche considers selling her house when she gets a fantastic offer - the girls recall their times spent together."
TWO THINGS ITALIANS DON'T DO, LIE ABOUT PIZZA & FILE A TAX
Tamra J. Gibson | Los Angeles,CA | 11/10/2005
(5 out of 5 stars)
"Thank goodness we diehard fans don't have to wait over 6 months for The Golden Girls fourth season to be released on dvd!!! I noticed this particular season the character of Sophia really shines. She competes with Blanche over a man, gets a pizza commercial (too funny!), gets laid and married (in that order), and is leading a full productive secret life! Way to go Sophia!!
Although I love Sophia dearly, Dorothy is my favorite golden girl! Beatrice Arthur can make me laugh out loud just from her priceless facial expressions! I can't wait to purchase the Golden Girls intimate portrait dvd on November 15th because I missed it when aired on Lifetime. I'm totally looking forward to spending Valentine's Day with a box of chocolates and The Golden Girls Season 4!!! Okay! Okay! a hot lover will be nice too!!! Now only if the powers at be will finally release Maude on dvd!!!"
Bea Arthur Rocks
JGC | 03/18/2006
(5 out of 5 stars)
"I LOVE "The Golden Girls." All the characters are so funny, and imaginative. But my favorite is Dorothy (Bea Arthur). Just looking at her could make even the most serious person start cracking up.
During the Fourth Season "The Golden Girls" were at the top of their game. It doesn't get much better than this.
It's very sad that sitcoms no longer capture the warmth or comedy that "The Golden Girls" always had. Why can't the broadcast networks get their act together and make TV like this today?"
Hope They release them all soon!
Tamra J. Gibson | 01/21/2006
(5 out of 5 stars)
"I think that the Golden Girls season 4 is going to be awesome I can't wait to buy it because there are a bunch of episodes that I havent seen on the 1988-1989 series. I think most of all I want to see "Yes,We Have No Havanas" because I saw it once but don't remember it so maybe this season will get me caught up on the only last few episodes I didn't see on television. I also hope they put out seasons 5,6, and 7 on DVD soon also plus the Golden Palace so I can continue to buy my favorite television show of all time!!!!!"