Subject: I have found a DVD that I think you would enjoy
|The Golden Girls - The Complete Second Season|
Actor: Betty White
Genres: Comedy, Television
Join Dorothy, the smart one, Sophia, the glib one, Rose, the naive one, and Blanche, the ... well, you know ... for the second season of one of television's funniest shows ever, THE GOLDEN GIRLS. Loved by fans and critics ... more »
Similarly Requested DVDs
Another great season
W. Oliver | Alabama | 02/21/2005
(5 out of 5 stars)
"1. "End of the Curse" - Blanche thinks she is pregnant but is even more mortified after her doctor tells her that it is menopause. Meanwhile, Dorothy, Rose and Sophia go into the mink breeding business.
2. "Ladies of the Evening" - Blanche wins tickets to a Burt Reynolds movie premiere but the girls are mistaken for prostitutes and arrested when their hotel is raided. Reynolds makes a cameo appearance.
3. "Take Him, He's Mine" - Blanche and Dorothy's ex, Stan, become chummy which infuriates Dorothy. Rose and Sophia sell sandwiches on the Boardwalk but make enemies with another vendor, "Johnny No Thumbs."
4. "It's a Miserable Life" - The girls want to save a 200 year-old tree in the neighborhood but the owner, the most hated woman on the block, wants the tree cut down.
5. "Isn't It Romantic" - Dorothy's friend, Jean (Lois Nettleton) comes to visit and Dorothy decides not to tell Blanche and Rose that Jean is a lesbian. (One of the funniest episodes ever, this one won an Emmy Award).
6. "Big Daddy's Little Lady" - Blanche's father visits and brings his new finace. Blanche is upset when she discovers the woman he is about to marry is younger than herself. Meanwhile, Dorothy and Rose enter a song writing contest.
7. "Family Affair" - Dorothy's son, Michael, and Rose's daughter, Bridget, each come to visit and they become a little too friendly for Dorothy and Rose's liking.
8. "Vacation" - The girl's go on a Caribbean vacation but find that their hotel is far from what it was advertised to be. Sophia takes advantage of her time alone to get acquainted with the gardener.
9. "Just Between Friends" - Blanche gets Dorothy a part-time job at the museum where she works but gets jealous when her boss starts giving Dorothy all of the assignments.
10. "Love, Rose" - Rose places an ad in the personals column but becomes discouraged when she doesn't get a repsonse. Blanche and Dorothy feel sorry for her and begin responding.
11. "'Twas the Nightmare Before Christmas" - The girls each plan to spend Christmas with their families but a series of strange occurrences lead them to spend Christmas together in Miami.
12. "The Sisters" - Dorothy decides to surprise Sophia on her brithday by flying in her sister, Angela (Nancy Walker). But Dorothy gets the surprise when she learns that they hate each other.
13. "The Stan Who Came to Dinner" - Stan returns to tell Dorothy that he has to have open heart surgery.
14. "The Actor" - The girls fall head over heels over a handsome actor at their local community theater.
15. "Before and After" - Rose wants to live life to the fullest after she experiences near-death experience. When Dorothy and Blanche complain about her new lifestyle, she moves out.
16. "And Then There Was One" - Dorothy, Blanche and Rose babysit for participants in a walk-a-thon but when the event is over, a baby is left unclaimed.
17. "Long Days Journey into Marinara" - Sophia is none too pleased when her sister, Angela (Nancy Walker) comes back for a visit and decides that she wants to move to Miami.
18. "Whose Face is This, Anyway?" - Blanche is upset that her beauty is fading when she attends her high school reunion and sees that many of her classmates have had plastic surgery.
19. "Dorothy's Prized Pupil" - Dorothy tutors a young man who is an illegal alien.
20. "Diamond in the Rough" - Blanche falls for a hunky caterer but soon becomes blind-sighted by his unsophisticated demeanor.
21. "Son-in-Law Dearest" - Dorothy's daughter, Kate, has a surprising announcement. Blance and Dorothy watch an "I Love Lucy" marathon.
22. "To Catch a Neighbor" - Joseph Campanella and George Clooney play two detectives who use the girl's house to spy on the neighbors, who are suspected of dealing in stolen gems.
23. "A Piece of Cake" - The girls reminisce about their memorable past birthdays."
Thank You for Being a Friend
Rama Rao | Annandale, VA, USA | 03/18/2005
(5 out of 5 stars)
"The second season matures into a much better show than the first season with better writing and even better stories. This is another wonderful creation of comic genius Susan Harris, who also created sitcoms such as Soap, Benson, and Empty Nest. Golden Girls is a sitcom about four senior ladies living under one roof, and all the zany and fun things that goes in their lives. The show revolves around sex hungry Blanche (Rue McLanahan) with her southern charm, and Sophia (Estelle Getty) as a sharp talking Sicilian with wit, and her daughter Dorothy (Bea Arthur) as a wise member of the house hold, and then the sweet and innocent Rose (Betty White) make a wonderful team and an excellent recipe for a great comedy. There are 23 episodes (season 2) on this DVD; Isn't It Romantic, Ladies of Evening, End of Curse, and Big Daddy's Little Lady are some of the funniest episodes of the series. In the episode To Catch a Neighbor, veteran actor Joseph Campanella team up with young George Clooney to spy on the neighbors, who are suspected of dealing in stolen gems. In Family Affair Dorothy's son, Michael, and Rose's daughter, Bridget visit and they become a little too friendly to the discomfort of their mothers, which shows the generation gap in funnier way. The Sisters episode shows another veteran actress Nancy Walker visit as Sophia's sister and get on each others nerves. The second season is much better than the first and if you liked 1980s sitcoms, I would highly recommend this DVD"
This is the best show period.
Rama Rao | 03/07/2005
(5 out of 5 stars)
"Let's face it THE GOLDEN GIRLS is the best sitcom ever, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. To me this is a dream come true, THE GOLDEN GIRLS finally being realeased on DVD, this season will be just as great as season one. I just wish it wasn't so far away till it comes out. It's just a really really great show that's worth every cent. so if you haven't yet bought season one, buy it, then buy season two when it comes out, you won't be dissapointed!"
No spoilers, but heads up on extended scenes
caj | 05/16/2005
(5 out of 5 stars)
"Here are three scenes that I remember from the second season that are not included in Lifetime episodes:
1. Twas the Nightmare Before Christmas - in the airport scene, there is an extended part of this scene involving Sophia that will have your sides hurting.
2. Long Days Journey Into Marinara - the early scene where Sophia and Angela have prepared dinner, there is an intro to the scene involving Blanche and Angela that Lifetime omits. It's great.
3. Just Between Friends - there is a great scene where Sophia meets Blanche's boss that is hilarious.
That's all I can remember, but I'm sure there are more extra scenes of this season that new viewers haven't seen and us long-time viewers have forgotten. Can't wait for seasons 3-7."