Subject: I have found a DVD that I think you would enjoy
|High School Musical 3 Senior Year |
Single-Disc Theatrical Version
Actors: Zac Efron, Vanessa Hudgens, Corbin Bleu, Oleysa Rulin, Ashley Tisdale
Director: Kenny Ortega
Genres: Comedy, Kids & Family, Musicals & Performing Arts
It's time to celebrate as Disney's phenomenal High School Musical hits new heights in High School Musical 3: Senior Year! Fresh from the big screen, this motion picture extravaganza delivers non-stop entertainment from sta... more »
Similarly Requested DVDs
Member Movie Reviews
Jamie K. (JamieK) from COUNCIL BLFS, IA
Reviewed on 10/20/2009...
Not as good as the first, but still a favorite movie with my girls.
This totally deserves the Blu-ray treatment!
KAppleFeet2 | 12/30/2008
(5 out of 5 stars)
"The movie is truly amazing! (And it`s an extended edition!) Anyone who liked the first two will literally fall in love with this one! I think that even if you didn't see the first two, you will like this one because of what it talks about. This movie is about something we all go through: saying good-bye to our friends after high school. Addiotionally, it's nice to see ateen movie that doesn't revolve around sex, drugs, violence, and profanity.
The East High Wildcats decide to put on their final show together at their school: a musical about their twelfth grade experience. It'll be a pretty unique musical because, for once, they won't have to play a character - they'll be playing themselves! But due to her incredible intelligence, Gabriella, the female protagonist, is offered to skip her senior year in high school and go to straight onto college right away. Will she accept Standard's offer, leaving her friends, boyfriend, and the musical behind? Will Troy, the male protagonist, chose to continue with basketball or will he chose a career than involves acting? Will Sharpay win a scholarship to New York's Julliard University of Performing Arts or will her brother? Will Ryan and Kelsi find true love? Find out in this exciting conclusion to one of the world's greatest film series! The only good thing recently produced by the screwed-up Disney Channel! Yes I hate Disney Channel, Hannah Montana, Cory in the House, Jonas Brothers, and all of the other inappropriate teen shows they've decided to put on a children's channel. But High School Musical is different. It teaches both kids and teens a valuable lesson and it allows adults to revisit their past. The plot is actually relevant to what many people feel and...it's a teenage musical! You don't see something like that everyday! Just watching Troy and Gabriella perform a beautiful waltz is reason enough to buy this film. Also, the old fashioned music at the end proves that rap, hip hop, and pop isn't always what you'll see in a teenage film.
The songs are as original, catchy, and wonderful as they are visually stunning! During "Scream," the turning walls that represent Troy's confusion are spectacular! The disappearing pictures on the wall in Gabriella's solo "Walk Away" were really quite sad. The Statue of Liberty that shoots fireworks out of its head in "I Want It All" is amazing. The sets in "A Night To Remember" will leave you with your mouth wide open. "Right Here Right Now," "Can I Have This Dance," and "Just Wanna Be With You" are three incredible romance songs. And, of course, Troy and Chad turning into little boys in "The Boys Are Back" was really cute. That reminds, "Right Here Right Now" and "The Boys Are Back" are so of my favorites because of what they talk about: not wanting to grow up. Anyway, n case you forgot or are too lazy to read the customer reviews for the HSM3 soundtrack, here are the songs:
1. "Now Or Never" - Troy and the Wildcats basketball team
2. "Right Here, Right Now" - Troy and Gabriella
3. "I Want It All" - Sharpay and Ryan [A TRUE BROADWAY SONG!]
4. "Can I Have This Dance? (Version I)" - Troy and Gabriella
5. "A Night To Remember" - cast!
6. "Just Wanna Be With You" - Ryan & Kelsi, Troy & Gabriella
7. "The Boys Are Back" - Troy and Chad
8. "Walk Away" - Gasbriella
9. "Scream" - Troy
10. "Can I Have This Dance? (Version II)" - Troy and Gabriella
11. "Senior Year Spring Musical" ***made up of reprises of NOW OR NEVER (Chad, the Wildcats basket team, cheerleaders), I WANT IT ALL (Ryan), JUST WANNA BE WITH YOU (Sharpay & Jimmy, and later Troy and Gabriella), and A Night To Remember (Sharpay vs. Tiara), as well as a new song: Last Chance (Ryan and Kelsi)***
12. "We're All In This Together" - cast!
13. "High School Musical" - cast!
14. "Just Getting Started" - during the end credits, winner of the Get In The Picture ABC7 contest
By the way, during the "I Want It All," you actually see Gabriella The Maid a bit more than you did in the theaters because you see that part of the song in a different camera angle than you did in theaters. That also lets you see an important-looking lady giving Ryan a newspaper with him and Sharpay on the cover. This is not due to the extended edition thing because the song is the same length, but, like I said, the camera angle is different so you see more things.
The special features on this Blu-ray are freakin' cool! Even though it's a single disc release, it has the exact same content found on the Two-Disc release, plus more! These are the Special Features (the last two aren't found on the two-disc release).
-- Extended Version Of The Movie
-- Optional Sing Along Version
-- Deleted Scenes
-- "Cast Goodbyes" feature
-- "Night Of Nights" feature
-- "It's All In The Dress" feature
-- "Senior Awards" feature
-- New Cast Profiles
In addition, just like in the Two-Disc release, you can download a digital copy of the movie. And as if that weren't enough, it comes with the first disc of the Two-Disc Edition!!!!! Now you can watch the movie practically anywhere because you have the regular version as well as the Blu-ray version!!!! What do you know, it is a two disc after all. ^_^"
For fans of the trilogy, Disney brings you a Blu-ray disc th
Dennis A. Amith (kndy) | California | 02/19/2009
(5 out of 5 stars)
"An enjoyable, fun film courtesy of a bigger budget, better production, stage and lighting, this is the best "HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL" film of the three. The transfer on to Blu-ray is excellent in picture and audio quality and Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment really went all out with this "Deluxe Extended Edition" release.
With the previous two films debuting on the Disney Channel, "HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL 3: SENIOR YEAR" was the first of the three films to go on the big screen and eventually having the largest opening weekend for a musical film ever earning $42 million in North America and $40 million overseas in its first three days of release. Opening at #1 and also having solid sales with its musical soundtrack.
One can say it's the typical teenage angst that we saw from the first previous two films but what makes "HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL 3: SENIOR YEAR" so much better is the higher production values. The film features one of the most ambitious sets, choreography, costume and stage designs, lighting and uses of color in a musical.
And because the higher production values, it definitely heightens the enjoyability of the film. From performances in the basketball court, outdoors at a college campus, a junkyard and more, the cinematography is really solid.
And of course, everything translates well on Blu-ray.
VIDEO & AUDIO:
"HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL 3: SENIOR YEAR" is featured in 1080p High Definition (1:85:1) and the picture quality is excellent. In one musical segment titled "I Want it All" featuring Sharpay and her twin brother Ryan Evans, I was just amazed by the sudden shifts of color and how amazing it looked. The colors were just vibrant and after watching the film on Blu-ray, I had to see how different the experience of watching it on Blu-ray versus DVD. The Blu-ray colors just were amazing and on DVD, it was good but not in the same vibrancy as the Blu-ray. This segment just was a great example of good colorful choices on costume design and set design and there are many instances that really stick out in the film. Even in the non-musical segments, the outdoor and indoor segments were colorful and looked great on Blu-ray.
As for the audio, the audio quality is of course music-driven and music really comes alive with the English 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio. I did notice a few instances of rear channels being used during scenes with a lot of people but in most part, the film is dialogue and music driven and overall audio quality is also great.
So, picture and audio quality for "HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL 3: SENIOR YEAR" is fantastic!
And this is probably where Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment really went all out in this DELUXE EXTENDED EDITION release. You get a total of three discs, the first being the Blu-ray which is the extended version of the movie, the second being the Digital Copy and the third being the DVD copy of the extended edition movie. Having not watched the normal theatrical version, I do know that the original had 112 minutes and this extended version is 117 minutes long.
As for special features, this is where the Blu-ray shines. Included are:
* Senior Awards - The crew felt that with the talent graduating from "HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL", a yearbook was created with photos from present but also the cast having the ability to vote for "Best Dressed", "Best Comedian", "Best Couple", etc.
* New Cast Profiles - This segment features the passing of the torch to the new characters: Matt Prokop (Jimmie Zara), Justin Martin (Donny Dion) and Jemma McKenzie-Brown (Tiara Gold). With clips from their video reports, from beginning when they first started and eventually making friends with the original cast and interviews about the three becoming part of the popular trilogy.
* Disney Live Network - The ability to include your photos into the "EAST HIGH SCHOOL" yearbook ala BD-Live and more.
* Cast Goodbyes - Interviews with the cast and Director Kenny Ortega and everyone saying goodbye and being emotional during the final shot and much more. The cast reflecting on their last chance to be with each other as a group.
* Deleted Scenes - About eight deleted scenes with an introduction by Director Kenny Ortega who mentioned it was done because of pacing and how difficult it was to cut some of these parts.
* Bloopers - These are not the same bloopers shown at the end credits, these are totally different.
* Sing Along with the Movie - By enabling the sing along subtitles, you can watch certain songs and sing to them.
* Night of Nights - A featurette on the prom and having to prepare for the number and learn the choreography.
* It's All in the Dress - Creating the dream prom and the ideas on the prom dresses for the actresses.
* Table of Contents - Similar to a year book, this section features photos and you can skip pages but also access certain special features and Easter Eggs. You can go to previous or next page via remote, if you press up on each page with your remote and select on the photos for each page, you either can access a special feature (that is also listed on the special feature section) or get a East High Wildcats claw.These claws are hidden short video segments featuring behind-the-scenes footage not featured in the special features section. The hidden claws can be found on the following pages and you can access the following Easter Eggs:Page 2 - Crazy improv segment
Page 3- Tiara vs. Sharpay segment
Page 4 - Choreography segment
Page 5 - Basketball rig triggering
Page 6 - Basketball dance choreography
Page 8 - Two Easter Eggs (prom advice from the cast and Ashley Tisdale and Chris Warren choreography)
Page 12 - Two Easter Eggs (graduation dancing scenes)
Page 13 - Ashley Tisdale/Sharpay easter egg
Overall, I was quite impressed with this Blu-ray disc releae of "HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL 3: SENIOR YEAR". On the extended version of the film, I was quite amazed by the production values from the stage, set and costume design, the cinematography, the lighting and the Blu-ray disc transfer of the film and seeing how beautiful and colorful the picture quality was and how clear and live the music sounds, fans of the film and have a Blu-ray player are truly in for a treat.
And to celebrate the "HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL 3: SENIOR YEAR", Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment included the extended version on DVD and a digital copy disc as well.
And the number of special features and Easter Eggs were also another positive of the Deluxe Extended Edition.
If you enjoyed the previous two "HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL" films, one thing you felt when watching those films are "Disney" musicals. Something you expected to see on the Disney Channel. With "HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL 3: SENIOR YEAR", because of the high production value, the film really looked extremely well and after watching the special features, you learn that the cast really had to go all out in learning the choreography and with this film being the cast's final film together, they went all out.
Now, how did I feel about the music in this film? I think with every "HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL" that I've watched, there were always numbers that I enjoyed and numbers that tend to stick in your mind. But I have to say that this third film, the music was quite solid. Also, I think that the cast felt more at ease and were much more comfortable with their surroundings and were not as stiff in the choreography. The songs were sung well, the choreography was great!
But thanks to the higher budget and better production quality, I believe that director Kenny Ortega had much more freedom and again, with this being the final film for the main cast, everyone gave their best and it showed!
A fantastic Blu-ray release and a must-own for "HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL" fans!"
A 18 year old review
Patricia Hurst-alger | Clayton, Ca United States | 12/29/2008
(5 out of 5 stars)
"i am now 18 and i loved this movie. i saw it two times in the theaters and am going to get it once it comes out on dvd cheaper. i liked this move partly because i am in high school and i love musicals. i only really realized that it was actually going along with my years in high school. i some times think about how this movie may give the younger kids a bad impression on how high school life actually is. in real life you don't always get every thing you want. they actually show some of this in in the movie but most high school don't look that nice ether. but i still love this movie no mater what. i may would just tell my kid to not expect that much fun or inter group interaction. this is a good movie for some one who likes musicals or romantic movies my mom cant stand this movie because she does not like musicals. well that's an 18 year old look at this movie i would advise to rent first if you are not to sure. WARNING you watch this 1 time and you cant stop
18 year old