Subject: I have found a DVD that I think you would enjoy
|Kathy Griffin My Life on the D-List - The Complete First Season|
Season One of Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List comes to DVD for the first time ever, giving an insider's look into the personal life of one of America's top comedians. Join Kathy, the hilarious performer who's not afra... more »
Similarly Requested DVDs
You don't have to be gay to love this
W. Dorsett | Seattle, WA USA | 05/15/2007
(5 out of 5 stars)
"Aside from being one of the great stand ups of our time, Kathy puts her money where her mouth is and invites a camera crew to spend some time filming her, her husband, her parents, her put upon assistant Jessica(?) and her dogs while she makes personal appearances and generally tries to score free stuff. Beloved by gays for demystifying the celebrity "gift bag" and the hefty portions of celebrity dish she serves up, Griffin shows that she does not need to be onstage to be funny. Her observations are razor sharp, but she also pokes fun at herself and her celebrity status as a D list celebrity. There are still some remains of a little greasy triangle on my TV screen from my nose pressed up against the picture tube (At least that is what I tell everyone it is)during what has to be the funniest 6 hours of television- rivaled only by the second season. Here is hoping for lots of extras. Kathy has something for everyone to laugh at...er with. I'm hoping for a big gift set with the 2 (so far) seasons and all her Bravo concerts. Griffin not only dishes the dirt- she makes it taste like a five star meal! Buy it Buy it buy it!"
The only reality show worth watching
Mrbusdriversir | Upper Left Coast, USA | 06/11/2007
(4 out of 5 stars)
"I truly hate reality shows. I truly hate celebrity gossip. But I also truly love Kathy Griffin. She is such a brilliant comedian. Honest, cutting, incredibly funny. Her only competition for best standup act of our times is Chris Rock. Grffin can rattle on about Clay Aiken, Whitney Houston, or the many other entertainment news figures I find 100% uninteresting, and I laugh until I can't breath. The D-List show has been Must See TV for me since it debuted. And I'm in a demographic that is not considered her strong suit. I'm a straight white male, happily married for 28 years, and in my mid-50s. Hers are the only reality show DVDs I will ever, ever buy. To paraphrase Neil Young, long may My Life On The D-List run."
FROM ONE REALITY SHOW HATER TO ANOTHER, THIS SHOW ROCKS...!!
stryper | Canada | 06/15/2007
(5 out of 5 stars)
"The one thing that's always bugged me about reality TV, is the fact that most of it looks staged ("Gee, I think, for no readily available reason, I'm gonna take off my cloths and jump into this public swimming pool...") but that is the one thing that grabs you from the get go in this show, is that Kathy Griffin seems so frazzled most of the time (what with her self proclaimed D-list status, making her do twice the amount of work, for half the recognition) and doesn't really seem to notice the camera invasion, about 95% of the time (the other 5% has her playing to the camera like any comedian worth their salt would, being as cuttingly insightful as she can be, and ripping on anyone she can get her mind around, including, herself).
It's GREAT to finally get the whole first season (with the second to follow, fingers crossed) on DVD, as here in Canada, it was next to impossible to find it's air time on the station that was broadcasting it, and as a result, I only managed to see an episode and a haf of the show, but what I did see was a funny, oddly cute, but also vulnerable, side of Kathy Griffin ("don't call me GIFFORD!!!") that wasn't so much invasive (as most reality TV tries to be) but more documentaries, in a wholly entertaining and unabashed look into this funny lady's hectic life.
Just a note, yes the censor bleeps are still there, but in all reality, I think it adds to the hilarity of the show (kind of like Yo' Semity Sam, from the Buggs Bunny Show, when he'd curse under his breath, you couldn't quite make out what he was saying, and that only made it all the more funnier).
Or is it just me?"
I love Kathy!
MDL811 | Indianapolis, IN United States | 07/19/2007
(5 out of 5 stars)
"I love Kathy Griffin. She is the funniest comic out there.
One small complaint. If you buy something on DVD why should it have to have the curse words bleeped out like on tv? I wanted to watch it unedited. I wanted to hear the curse words!"