Subject: I have found a DVD that I think you would enjoy
|Kipper - Kipper Helps Out|
Genres: Kids & Family, Television, Animation
"Meet Kipper, a loveable dog with a big imagination!" 6 Tail Wagging Adventures! The Visitor - When a gosling visits Kipper unexpectedly, Kipper experiences the joys and frustrations of parenthood. Will Kipper help his ... more »
Similarly Requested DVDs
Re-cased, same shows
kathleen59 | 08/14/2004
(2 out of 5 stars)
"While this DVD has a new name, all but one of the 6 episodes are reruns, seen in the other Kipper DVDs and VHS. While this DVD is 109 minutes long, over 60 minutes of that are clips from other HIT shows, or trailers. "The little Ghost" is the only "new" Kipper episode there. Unfortunately, this website does not show that this DVD is full of reruns, so there is no way to know if you are buying something new. The same problem exists with the Kipper show "Water Play", it has all used episodes except for one."
A fun six-pack
Amanda Richards | Georgetown, Guyana | 03/26/2005
(5 out of 5 stars)
"This is the latest Kipper DVD to be added to our collection. It only has six stories, but they're really good ones.
We didn't get the earlier VHS editions, so all the stories are new to my four year old, who thoroughly enjoys them. As a matter of fact, my two year old nephew is now a convert.
The beauty of the DVD edition is the feature which allows you to choose an episode, or play them all, or play them all continuously, the last being the favorite pick at our house.
In "The Visitor", Kipper looks after a little lost gosling. This is a good story if your kids are really messy, as Kipper is continuously cleaning up after his little charge.
"Pig's Present" tells of Pig's birthday and all the pets he receives as gifts. The part with the hamster going through Kipper's "obstacle course" is great fun.
"The Butterfly" teaches that the best things in life should be free.
"The Bleepers" will have your kids speaking strangely, and eating lollipops.
Arnold is formally introduced in "Pig's Cousin" - I had previously thought they were brothers.
"The Little Ghost" is the most entertaining story of the lot, with the most "special effects" of any Kipper episode.
If you haven't already seen the early episodes, I strongly recommend this one. If not, borrow it just for "The Little Ghost"
Amanda Richards, March 25, 2005
Kipper, still excellent
K. | 10/18/2004
(5 out of 5 stars)
"I always love Kipper, probably even more than my 2 1/2 year old, and there are years to come for her to enjoy them. I like the British humor and the simplicity compared to the chaotic cartoons around. And I like how kind the characters are to one another.
Another reviewer complained that all but one of these stories are repeats, but I have every DVD or video Amazon offers in the Kipper series, and there are no repeats on here or on the 'Kipper Waterplay' DVD. But here is a list of the stories on the 'Kipper Helps Out' DVD:
The Little Ghost
Update: My daughter is now nearing 3 years of age, and she is a HUGE Kipper fan! She always liked Kipper, but lately is very into all of our Kipper collection, can't get enough. You can't go wrong with any of the Kipper DVDs.
Kipper is a great change of pace
A. Laitinen | 03/18/2005
(5 out of 5 stars)
"On Kipper in general:
* The art is watercolor-ish with white backgrounds. It's refreshingly clear and calm, not aggressively colored with heavy black lines like most animation for kids
* There is nothing aggressive or scary in these stories, no name-calling, no hitting, no orphans or lost parents, no serious peril. Yet, they're original, funny, and entertaining
* The episodes aren't too long, so you can watch the whole video or just 10 minutes and the kid doesn't feel cheated.
* I'm all for educational videos, but I think it's nice to have funny, charming stories sometimes instead of constantly drilling pre-schoolers and toddlers on their ABC's and 123's. The school-like content in these (i.e. when Kipper figures out what colors he needs to mix to make purple in The Butterfly) is subtle and fits with the story.
* Likewise, I love a good sing-along as much as the next person, but I like the fact that Kipper videos don't break into loud shouting/singing like so many other kid vids. There's just the low-key, jazzy, silly theme song.
On this video we especially like The Visitor and The Ghost"