Subject: I have found a DVD that I think you would enjoy
|Madonna - Video Collection 1993-99|
Actors: Madonna, Tomas Arana, Emilio Munoz, Mike Myers, Ryűichi Sakamoto
Directors: Brett Ratner, Chris Cunningham, David Fincher, Jean-Baptiste Mondino, Johan Renck
Genres: Music Video & Concerts
The 14 videos in this package encompass the sensual 1992s erotica and 1993s fever the spiritual 1998s ray of light and the silly beautiful stranger which includes mike myers for the song in the 1999 hit film austin powers:... more »
Similarly Requested DVDs
Madonna the Queen of Videos... Ever
JimJrz | 01/14/2005
(5 out of 5 stars)
"The Video Collection 93:99 is Madonna's second video compilation DVD after The Immaculate Collection. This DVD covers from the Erotica Album until the Austin Powers them song. I will ve review the videos, not much the songs since this is a DVD review.
There are 14 videos in this compilation:
1. Bad Girl(1993).- This video is like a movie, the oscar-winning actor Christopher Walken plays the angel that looks over Madonna's caracther a lost woman who looks love in the wrong places, a video with a sad storie but great looks. 10/10
2. Fever(1993).- This video from the cover of Fever is very stylish, there's a lot of red colors since I guess represents fever, the version is dancy and the video somehow erotic. 9/10
3. Rain (1993).- If in the Fever video there was a lot of red in this one there are a lot of blue, Madonna looks very great in black short hair and very deep blue eyes. 10/10
4. Secret (1994).- From too much color ve go to blac and white, I like this song very much, Madonna, a blues band and a new your 'hood is part of this video visual. 10/10
5. Take a Bow (1994).- Spain, a bull fighter and a hurt lover are part of this sepia video, this is my favorite Madonna ballad and the video trasmite the lyrics perfectly. 10/10
6. Bedtime Story (1995).- This video is full of special effect, very cool and different. 10/10
7. Human Nature (1995).- This video is very simple, but the black vinyl and leather that Madonna and her dancers wear makes it very sexy. 9/10
8. Love don't live here anymore (1996).- A video from an old song (from her like a virgin album), not too complicated. 7/10
9. Frozen (1998).- Very dark video, excellent visual effect from Madonna become animals and vice versa, nice song. 9/10
10. Ray of Light (1998).- Classic video, winner of MTV awards, showing the hectic of everyday life, great. 10/10
11. Drowned World (1998).- This video tries to reflect how is Madonna life regardiong with fame and how her priorities have changed now that she is a mother. 8/10
12. The Power of Goodbye (1998).- Beautiful cinematography, filmed at the beach with that ER actor as guest, nice song. 9/10
13. Nothing really matters (1999).- I like this song and the video, Madonna is dressed as Geisha, the video is odd, but I like it. 9/10
14. Beautiful Stranger (1999).- From the Austin Powers movie, Madonna in stilleto shoes dancing with Mike Mayers, fun video.
An Almost Complete Collection of Madonna's Best Videos
Luis Hernandez | New York, New York, USA | 08/05/2000
(5 out of 5 stars)
"With a spectacular cover photography by David LaChapelle, Madonna's "93:98 Video Collection," is a great addition to any music lover's collection. As a pioneer of daring, thought-provoking videos, Madonna has always been on the forefront of creating styles and opinions.On this video collection, most (but not all) of Madonna's videos produced in the past decade are included for everyone's viewing pleasure. While such videos as "Bedtime Story," are amazing when it comes to their composition and imagination, others like "Love Don't Live Here Anymore," are simple in their theme and imagery.I was disappointed in the same way I was with her prior video collection, that some videos were omitted from the compilation. If she was able to add a live performance of "Vogue," on the "Immaculate Collection" compilation, she could have added more to this collection. Videos such as "You'll See," "Erotica," "Justify My Love," and "This Use to Be My Playground," which were released during the 1990's have been totally omitted, which is a complete shame. However, the video that I was looking forward in seeing, "I Want You," was also ommitted. This video, which was based on the short theatrical piece "La Voix Humaine," revolves around a woman awaiting for a call from her lover who has left her. In what I consider a very powerful (and long) video, Madonna portrays a woman exhausted by the long wait. Filmed in black & white, this is one of her most moving videos.Another two things I would have to see on this collection would have been the option to see the lyrics appear on the screen, in addition to motion menus that allows the viewer to get a preview of each video before actually playing it (similar to the motion menus on the "Matrix" DVD). In conclusion, I hope whenever Madonna releases her new video compilation (which most likley will include the videos from her upcoming album "Music," and videos made in between ("American Pie"), I hope she decides to also add all the videos she omitted in the prior two releases, so that her fans can enjoy them as much as the first time we saw them on television."
A great Stocking Stuffer for the Holidays!
Luis Hernandez | 12/10/1999
(4 out of 5 stars)
"A great collection to accompany the '91 Immaculate Collection. I don't believe that Madonna would've excluded 'Erotica' on the collection since she initially chose that video, the choice was stupidly made by WARNER. So it doesn't have 'Erotica', big deal. Her 'Sex' Book pretty much illustrates the video. And it wouldn't have made sense to include 'I'll Remember' and 'This Used to Be my Playground' because the videos pretty much show more of the movie scenes than Madonna, so they were no special. And the 'Justify My Love' video is still sold in stores like Tower Records as a separate video, so you can still get that.Though a few look like they were edited over, you'll be dazzled by the visual effects you see in such videos like 'BedTime Story' and 'Ray of Light'and 'Fever'; and some great choreography in 'Human Nature' and 'Beautiful Stranger'. There's also some great cinematography in videos like 'Rain', each video is very well themed.I could have given it 5 stars but I only gave it 4 due to the 'Love Don't Live Here Anymore' video. While the lighting was all right in it, it was boring. Oh well, they can't all be great.But it's still a wonderful keeper and carefully illustrates Madonna as the true performance artist that she is, hopefully in another few years she'll have a third collection out."
An incomplete "Collection"
wonderman3 | Provincetown, MA USA | 10/03/2000
(4 out of 5 stars)
"This second video collection from Madonna only confirms that Ms. Ciccone is indeed the Queen of Pop and of the Music Video. The videos featured here are absolutely spectacular. From the motion picture quality of Bad Girl, to the gorgeous cinematography of Rain, to the out of this world bizarreness of Bedtime Story, to the hyper energy of Ray of Light, this is indeed a special collection. Unfortunately, it is also an incomplete collection. Among the glaring omissions are EROTICA, DEEPER AND DEEPER (both left off presumably due to their sexual content and innuendo), THIS USED TO BE MY PLAYGROUND, I'LL REMEMBER, YOU MUST LOVE ME, DON'T CRY FOR ME ARGENTINA (all left off presumably because they featured scenes from movies they did not have the rights to), and YOU'LL SEE (who knows why this wasn't included). I had the same complaint about the Immaculate Collection with its missing videos. What makes it even more aggravating is the fact that a video like LOVE DON'T LIVE HERE ANYMORE, which was a complete bomb as a single and is one of the most boring videos ever produced, did make the cut. Yes, it is a beautifully SHOT video, and the director is very "in" right now, but it still doesn't deserve a place over some of her bigger hits. For these reasons this collection earns 4 stars. Maybe someday we'll get to see a COMPLETE Madonna video collection."