Subject: I have found a DVD that I think you would enjoy
|The New York Yankees 2009 World Series Collector's Edition|
Actors: Joe Girardi, Hideki Matsui, Derek Jeter, Alex Rodríguez, CC Sabathia
Every complete game from the 2009 World Series??? will be available in time for the holidays for every fan to own in this one-of-a-kind collector???s set. Each definitive 2009 World Series game is presented uncut in this a... more »
Similarly Requested DVDs
Great Series Marred by Sub-Par Video Quality
Christian A. Russo | New Jersey | 12/19/2009
(3 out of 5 stars)
"In theory this set looks simply spectacular: All 6 games of the 2009 World Series, with multiple audio options, highlight reels and slick packaging.
However, the video quality of the set is utterly disappointing. Only presented in a 1.33:1 aspect ratio (full-screen), it is syndication quality at best and doesn't even come close to as crisp as the HD broadcasts on Fox.
If you don't care about picture, then by all means pick up the set. But they really dropped the ball on this one, which is just heartbreaking or this diehard Bleacher Creature."
Great way to relive the World Series
Yankee Mike | Brooklyn,NY | 12/15/2009
(5 out of 5 stars)
"All 6 games of the 2009 WS plus game 6 of the ALCS are included in this box set. 4 different audio tracks. Fox TV, WCBS Radio (John Sterling), Phillies Radio and ESPN Desportes. Plus an extra disc of bonus features. Looks like another winner from MLB home video."
Good set for the fans, but lacking in some areas.
Robert Prosperino | Brewster, NY USA | 12/25/2009
(4 out of 5 stars)
"I'm just getting through this set, but here are my initial impressions.
1) It is great to have all the World Series games in their entirety. My 11 year old is a big fan, but wasn't able to watch all of the games live.
2) The ability to switch between the Fox broadcasters and the Yankee radio broadcasters is a nice touch.
The So, So:
1) Video quality and sound quality are acceptable, but not great.
2) The Yankee radio broadcast doesn't quite match up with the video, and there are some dead spots. As an axample: after the last call of the game 6 ALDS win the audio goes silent during the celebration on the field. You hear "The Yankees win" and then silence while the on-field celebration is going on.
3) On the bonus disc, you can only play all off the main menu. If you go to the Milestones section, you can't play all of the clips. You can only go through them one by one.
1) Why isn't this available on Blu-ray?
2) The lack of a recap of the 2009 season, or the playoffs is inexcusable.
3) Why isn't this available on Blu-ray?
In conclusion a good set for the Yankees fan wanting all of the World Series games in their entirety. [...]
MLB dropped the ball
S. Brunetto | Maple Glen, PA USA | 01/02/2010
(3 out of 5 stars)
"This is a must for any Yankees fan, but MLB is lazy on this video set. The radio broadcast and the convenience of having all the games together is the only value for me, but he production is sub-par, with unusually long lapses of audio as noted in other reviews.
After owning the former versions of Yankees World Series victories, I was looking forward to one of the DVDs (bonus DVD?) possibly having a story build up with fan reactions, ...not so. MLB essentially took stock video footage and audio and mushed them together."