Subject: I have found a DVD that I think you would enjoy
|The Old Testament Bible Stories for Children The Story of David|
Genres: Kids & Family, Special Interests, Animation
Saul Is Defeated — God orders Samuel to secretly anoint another king, and young David is chosen to be the new king. What will Saul do when he finds out? David the Victorious — David leads the Israelite army to many victories... more »
Wow, this is not good.
Quince | Baltimore, MD USA | 11/17/2009
(2 out of 5 stars)
"I hate to give bad reviews to products based on the Bible but this was really bad. This story is NOT consistent with what happened in the Bible. The inconsistencies are actually very important to the understanding of how God deals with us and what He expects from us so I'm not just harping on the insignificant facts of the stories or those that are open to "interpretation". It is important that we give children an ACCURATE representation of how God deals with them.
* Some of what transpires in this DVD is just wrong. For example, in the DVD Sauls dealings with the witch of Endor do not agree with the facts as explained in the Bible. In the version on the DVD Saul tells the witch that if she doesn't tell him that he'll kill her. Read the story for yourself in 1 Samuel 28:6-20. That's not in the Bible.
* The voice quality/acting on this DVD is bad. Here is an Example "You know why all men fear you because all men fear you because you always tell them what Jehovah wants you to tell them." That's a typical sentence from this dvd. If you can't see the problem with this, maybe the DVD will entertain you. For those who want to teach your children to speak properly, I suggest avoiding this DVD. Will kids notice this stuff? Maybe not. But it doesn't make it "right"
* Another example (minor but a problem for me since this could have been fixed through editing the sound) Saul pronounces the Amalekites the "Amekalites" in some instances and "Amalekites" in others.
* There is constant mention of "Jehovah" and "Yaweh" instead of "God" which could be problem depending on the age of your children.
* The animation is good where these types of DVD's are concerned. It is actually one of the best animation quality I've seen for Bible DVD's. I would suggest that this is appropriate children that can handle a half-naked David as he mourned the death of his son from his affair with Bathsheba.
Why do those who make Bible Animations for Children insist on modifying the stories to include erroneous and false materials? Sigh...
You have been warned."