Subject: I have found a DVD that I think you would enjoy
Actors: Ashley Tisdale, Lauren Collins, Kevin Pollak, Robbie Amell, Shenae Grimes
Director: Stephen Herek
A high school girl is invited to a party by the most popular boy in school -- only trouble is, she's grounded!
Similarly Requested DVDs
Underdeveloped & overexposed
Amanda Richards | Georgetown, Guyana | 09/14/2008
(2 out of 5 stars)
"Yet another teen comedy with the following content:
1. Over-protective parent
2. Unpopular girl with 2 friends
3. Popular girl with 2 friends (never one or three)
4. Hunk/Jock/Rich Guy
6. Senior Prom
(You already know how it ends, don't you?)
Short Attention Span Summary (SASS):
1. Mandy (Ashley Tisdale) has just turned eighteen
2. Her father (Kevin Pollack) is experiencing separation anxiety
3. He gets her a cool cell phone and contact lenses for her birthday, plus a plan for her future
4. Contact lenses immediately improve her looks (hair, make-up, posture, everything)
5. Video cell phone is actually for paranoid dad to track his little princess
6. Plan for the future could ruin hers
7. Out of the blue, Hunk/Jock/Rich Guy Drew (Robbie Amell) expresses an interest, much to the disgust of popular girl Lisa (Cindy Busby)
8. Typical shenanigans follow, except now it's high-tech thanks to the ever-present video cell phones
9. Suspend disbelief as Mandy overcomes all obstacles in order to disobey her father
10. Typical ending follows
Due to the content I would say that this is for ages 13 - 17, but to be honest it doesn't have that much to offer in terms of comedy, life lessons or entertainment. Wait for this on cable on a boring afternoon.
Amanda Richards, September 14, 2008
Typical unpopular girl likes hot popular boy
C. Merced | Stamford, CT and sometimes in Puerto Rico | 07/17/2008
(3 out of 5 stars)
"Picture This! Is basically fluff, exactly what I was expecting. Teen romantic comedies have gone downhill since the days of 10 Things I Hate About You. But then again, this is a made for movie so expect exactly such.
The movie stars Ashley Tisdale Mandy, as a nice and smart, middle social class girl who has a crush on the hot and rich guy in school, who by the way is also perfect and has won every single medal in every single sport. He is Prince Charming. He finally notices her and invites her to his party as his date. But, Mandy is grounded and, thanks to her new video phone (tons of product placement in this movie), her dad is keeping tabs on her every half hour. Mandy must race against the clock and get in all sorts of implausible situations to go to the party and fool her overbearing father that she is studying at a friend's house. Between ruined clothes, allergies, towed cars, and a battle of the bands, Mandy has her work cut out for her. But, still to top it all up, the evil rich and popular girl is out to get her.
The movie is funny because it has so many implausible situations that you just have to go with it. The movie also shows the influence of technology and media in the current culture. Nice use of gadgets. Now, I must get that phone (the true main character of this movie!)."
AngelFace | Sault Ste. Marie, MI USA | 08/31/2008
(4 out of 5 stars)
"Yes, it may be somewhat predictible in the destination, but the ride getting there is great. Very funny. Ashley Tisdale is hilarious, and Robbie Amell is SO easy on the eyes! A bit disappointed the the ending was so abrupt, but still a good movie."
My daughters enjoyed this movie
Jenifer Brammer | 07/06/2009
(4 out of 5 stars)
"cute movie, with laughs. Needs to be followed with parent conversation about following rules and deceit."