Subject: I have found a DVD that I think you would enjoy
|Pop Legends Live - Herman's Hermits with Peter Noone|
Actor: Herman's Hermits with Peter Noone
Genres: Music Video & Concerts
In the mid-1960?s, the British music invasion dominated the airwaves and ultimately changed the face of pop music. One of the groups to ride the wave to superstardom was Herman?s Hermits. With their clean-cut image and mop... more »
Glen Ramirez | Massachusetts | 09/12/2005
(4 out of 5 stars)
"I just received and viewed my copy of this DVD and wanted to share some thoughts on it. Here are some Pro's and Con's:
* The cover says "Performing Live: 9 Classic Hits". There are only 7 Herman's Hermits songs on this (as listed on the first review below & the "Editorial Reviews" above). I can only assume they are adding the comedy bits (i.e.: Mick Jagger, Davy Jones, Johnny Cash) where he mocks a few songs.
* When I read "Herman's Hermits starring Peter Noone", I assumed that I would at least see a few of the original members in the band. There are none. I've seen Peter Noone live in concert and he usually performs only as himself (there is a separate DVD that came out that lists only him). A few of his old original bandmates do still perform (I have also seen them live), so that was a bit disappointing.
* Only 45 minutes for $13.49. Should have been sold for a little less ($9.99 or $10.99??).
* Audio and Video are excellant. 4.5 Audio/4.5 Video. Great picture quality but venue lighting was so-so.
* Peter Noone's voice is in great shape. Can still hit the highs and also very youthful sounding.
* He is a wonderful entertainer (musically, comically & animated). Although you only get 7 true songs (approximately 20 minutes in total), you get some comedy bits and audience interaction in between that expand the set to 45 minutes. Peter is still very witty.
I'm very happy with the purchase. I believe most early 60's music fans will agree."
An Enjoyable half hour
C. W. Emblom | Ishpeming, Michigan USA | 11/05/2005
(4 out of 5 stars)
"As others have listed there are seven (7) Herman's Hermits songs on this DVD. The songs are as enjoyable as ever, but I didn't especially care for the comedy routine between songs. This DVD is from a "60's Pop Rock Reunion" program that featured a number of 1960's rock groups on PBS a couple of years ago that was just simply fantastic. However, the only way to get the DVD of that program was to pledge a couple of hundred dollars for the DVD (I did). At this time it is not available for sale to the general public. If you enjoy Herman's Hermits you will enjoy this DVD. I just wish it was longer and included more of their songs."
D. MCGUE | Mililani, Hawaii | 09/07/2005
(5 out of 5 stars)
"Peter Noone has some really great songs. He is getting up in years, but still puts on a GREAT show. I have been to three of his concerts in person, and this is the "next best thing". The quality of this DVD is perfect. Any Herman's Hermits fans will not be disappointed with this DVD. Songs include: I'm into Something Good; (What a) Wonderful World; Listen People; Can't You Hear my Heartbeat; Mrs. Brown You've Got a Lovely Daughter; I'm Henry the VIII, I am; and There's a Kind of Hush."
Herman*s Hermits are true 60*s legends
Michael Canady | Woodburn, Oregon United States | 07/12/2006
(4 out of 5 stars)
"I realy enjoyed this DVD. Peter Noone is still a great entertainer. He has a good sense of humor while talking to the audience. If you know anything at all about 60*s music you will love his jokes.
I wish that this concert was longer. The music was great and Peter still has a good voice. Hopefully someday he will make a longer in concert DVD. I think that this is one of the best concert DVD*s of the 60*s groups. If you like Herman*s Hermits you will love this DVD."