Subject: I have found a DVD that I think you would enjoy
|Racing to the Rainbow|
Actors: Greg Page, Murray Cook, Jeff Fatt, Anthony Field
Director: Paul Field
Genres: Kids & Family, Television, Musicals & Performing Arts
All Movie Guide - A big storm has passed and when a colorful rainbow appears in the sky The Wiggles and their friends pile into the Big Red Car and the Big Red Boat in a fun-filled journey to the far side of the spectrum. ... more »
Similarly Requested DVDs
Member Movie Reviews
Pamela A. from WHEELING, WV
Reviewed on 12/31/2009...
My daughter absolutely loved watching this. Unfortunaltely, she has simply outgrown the Wiggles.
1 of 3 member(s) found this review helpful.
They're back and doing great!
M. Castano | Northern California | 03/13/2007
(5 out of 5 stars)
"The Wiggles really put a lot of effort and thought into their newest DVD. It is ALOT of the Wiggles (no animation, not overloaded in Wiggly dancers), all brand new songs, lots of cute skits and outfits. Anthony's kids are in it and his oldest girl makes appearances as the little Music Box Dancer. The songs are well written and catchy too, makes a great CD. My kids looove this DVD. This is Greg's last Wiggles DVD, well worth the money!"
One of their best videos
ekc | Dallas, TX | 08/01/2007
(5 out of 5 stars)
"My 2 yr old son loves the Wiggles and so do I! Since mom likes the video too, we watch it together, which is more fun for him b/c we talk about it and dance to it together.
The Wiggles are currently touring with their Racing to the Rainbow songs, so I bought this video to prepare my son for the concert that we'll be going to in a few weeks.
We both love this video, and I think this one, along with Wiggle Time, is among their best. This one seems to have gone through some good editing and really has the extra polish that makes it a great improvement from many of their other videos, namely b/c:
- focus is on the Wiggles; less "clutter" of background people (we like Captain Feathersword, but some of the movies have too much of him, and the less we see of the corny background dancers, the better.)
- storyline/theme is clear, and they don't stray from it
- sound and video effects enhance rather than overdo
- kids are more diversely represented
- no Wiggles puppets or Wiggles cartoons, thank God! (it's the Wiggles themselves that we want to see!!)
- no hyper-colored cartoon backgrounds (as in Wiggly Playtime; those colors gave me a headache. Seems better for young kids to use real backgrounds, and this video uses plenty of real (and beautiful) footage of birds, flowers, scenery of Sydney)
- catchy, snazzier songs (We love just about all the Wiggles' songs, but these songs have more of a dance beat/rhythm. My son loves to dance to these songs, and has many of the lyrics memorized! We got the CD too!)
- less facetime given to Captain's crew (they are still WAY too bubbly, but at least they are given less facetime than in some previous videos)
- Greg has gained some weight and boy, does he look GOOD! I heard this was his last video--that made us both very sad! Greg is my son's favorite Wiggle.
- Jeff and Murray make less overly-wide-eyed expressions, which in previous videos was a little annoying
- we get to see them drive around in their Big Red Car, which my son can't get enough of
- skits are well-written, nothing seemed too corny (so mom could tolerate and actually enjoy watching the movie with her son)
- bloopers at the end are funny; son doesn't care for them, but mom wishes there were more!
- all 4 Wiggles look like they are having a blast!
- limited dialogue (my son can't sit through too much talking; he enjoys the singing and dancing the most)
- simple hand/body movements that go with the songs, that are easy for a young child to imitate (my son loves to copy along with the motions)
- all the great singing and dancing that we love from the Wiggles
Some of my son's favorite scenes:
- when Greg paints a spider
- when Murray comes forward and dances while playing the guitar in the Tra La La song
- when Benny acts like a teapot and his hat falls off
- any scene with the Big Red Car
- the whole Everybody Dance song/dance
A winner, with new songs to boot!
Gale | Lancaster, CA United States | 03/24/2007
(5 out of 5 stars)
"All new songs with a few children's classics - what's not to like? Our daughter is 22 months old and absolutely loves the Wiggles and their music. Right now her favourite songs from this dvd are "Bump-A-Deedle" and "Blow Up Your Balloon (Huff and Huff and Puff)", from which she also does the dance moves.
The best part of the special features are the Wiggly Bloopers. Great outtakes!
As it was mentioned in a previous review, this was Greg's last recorded performance as a Wiggle. He's especially energetic in "Shakin' Like a Leafy Tree" & "Everybody Dance" - you cannot tell he's ill at all. It's bittersweet to watch, but definitely well worth the investment (we'll miss you, Greg!).
*Edited to add (4/19) - Contrary to what one reviewer has stated, The Wiggles are not Barney-esque AT ALL. Ugh, even just the thought of it...*shudder*"