Subject: I have found a DVD that I think you would enjoy
|Rania Advanced Choreography Drum Solo Belly Dancing DVD|
Actor: Rania Bossonis
Director: Rania Bossonis
Genres: Music Video & Concerts, Special Interests, Educational, Exercise & Fitness
The lovely and talented Rania a renowned dancer and instructor and twice the Champion Bellydancer of the Universe hosts this accessible program. She guides experienced dancers as they choreograph complex and beautiful move... more »
Similarly Requested DVDs
Eden Russell | Provincetown, MA United States | 07/30/2006
(4 out of 5 stars)
"Before all, here's a disclaimer: I need to note that I almost got this item thinking I had never seen it before. I got confused because I have the same DVD at home but the cover was different (obviously an older edition). It's possible that she might have redone the DVD to improve aestethics but I have compared the contents and they're the same.
Overall this is an OK DVD. It's a choreography on a single song as the title suggests. Rania breaks the choreography into moves organized into several combinations shown without, then with music, and strings them up. There is a performance of the choreography with regular clothes and one more, with a full costume.
Even though the title says "advanced" I think it's targeted at intermidiate dancers.
What I LIKED about the DVD:
- Choreography was nice and I learned a few new moves, especially the barrel turn.
- It was nicely challenging, this means not as hard as to be frustrating but also not as easy as to be bored with it immediately.
- DVD value is decent.
- Rania explains as she would to her students in class.
- I found some of her traveling steps very interesting
- The drum-solo bonus performance of Rania. I can't be certain because I haven't bought her Drum Solo DVD but it's likely this is the same dance she teaches there.
- Rania's explanations are nice and clear but not very detailed. Of course this is because she presumes that if you've bought an *advanced choreography DVD* you must be already familiar with the steps.
What I did NOT LIKE about this DVD:
- Rania's outfit when she teaches. I don't know why she got into the idea of dressing herself in back from neck to toe! I couldn't see her belly at all because it was covered! This is one reason why I took off a star.
- Lights could be better, especially because Rania "blended" with the room because of her dark outfit.
- I'm sure it's a matter of taste but I didn't find Rania as graceful as I had expected. Her movements are a little... mm, jerky.
This DVD may be right for you if:
- You are a Rania fan
- If you're looking for a whole choreography to learn and practice on your own
- If you're an intermidiate dancer
- If you like seeing a dancer who can't qualify as a model (in other words, a REAL woman even though Rania can't quite qualify as plump)
You probably won't care for this DVD if:
- You don't care any for Rania either
- If you are looking to expand your zills or any props horizons. No props were included
- You're a beginner who still finds it hard to layer
- You are willing to spend some more money if it would buy fancy settings. Don't expect thick Persian carpets, draperies and the like.
- You are want fusion and western music.
If you already have a couple of DVDs and want to expand your horizons and you like traditional Mid-eastern style, you won't be disappointed with this DVD.
Rania Choreography good for intermediate students
Mireya Campos | US | 01/10/2007
(4 out of 5 stars)
"I'm a Bellydance teacher and I can see difference in dance quality, Rania is a good coach, she breaks down the steps in an easy to learn way, she is clear in dance vocavulary, this is a good enjoyable dance routine, you can chose a single parte and do your own choreography with another music or ddance the whole routine that is challenger, this is not a beginners video and her Egyptian style is pretty good."
I agree with the BikieDiva
A. Norris | Michigan | 12/22/2008
(1 out of 5 stars)
"Her expressions were almost as if she were in pain. It made me think that she was somewhat of a bad dancer but I have seen other videos of her on you tube and she dances quite well sometimes.
But in this, she danced very sloppily as if she were a beginner trying to do advanced moves. She was not always on beat and she sometimes struggled to give accurate instructions. I don't know what was going on here but I wish I never spent money on this DVD. I threw it away after I watched it the whole way through. She HAS to look back at this DVD and regret it. It should be taken off the market."
Disappointing but still useful...
Bikiediva | Tasmania, Australia | 01/10/2008
(3 out of 5 stars)
"I was disappointed in Rania's dancing. She appeared frantic, a little awkward, and the expression on her face is best described by 'a rabbit caught in the headlights' which made me wonder if she was struggling to do the choreography.
I tried to learn the whole choreograhy but stopped about half way through because I didn't like it. However I have given the DVD three stars because there are a couple of combinations that she taught that I have put into a choreography of my own.
I've kept it in case there is something else I may want to use from it one day."