Subject: I have found a DVD that I think you would enjoy
|Smallville - The Complete First Two Seasons |
Actors: Tom Welling, Michael Rosenbaum, Kristin Kreuk, Sam Jones III, Allison Mack
Directors: Chris Long, Craig Zisk, D.J. Caruso, David Carson, David Nutter
Genres: Action & Adventure, Drama, Science Fiction & Fantasy, Television
After a meteor shower bursts from the heavens, raining destruction on the unsuspecting citizens of Smallville, years pass, and the healing process leaves the town's inhabitants with scars and secrets. From the ashes of tra... more »
Member Movie Reviews
K. K. (GAMER)
Reviewed on 12/16/2018...
Solid family (around teen) entertainment. It's a really shame about the Chloe character though, which cast a dark shadow on the side...
Excellent series, excellent DVD
Pen Name | Fairbanks, Alaska | 05/05/2004
(5 out of 5 stars)
"This is an incredible DVD collection. (...) Here's what you get in addition to the episodes:Season 1:
Production notes- All 21 Episodes Including the Pilot
- Audio Commentary on the Pilot and First Episode from the Executive Producers & Director
- Deleted Scenes from the Pilot
- Interactive tour of Smallville
- TV & Promo Spots
- Widescreen anamorphic formatSeason 2:
- All 23 episodes on six discs, two with commentary, five with deleted scenes
- The Chloe Chronicles - webisode investigations
- Faster Than a Speeding Bullet: The Visual FX of "Smallville"
- Christopher Reeve: Man of Steel
- Gag Reel
- Widescreen anamorphic formatThe DVD set has some beautiful interactive menus and this thing is loaded with extras, which is unusual for a television show on DVD. My only misgivings about it is that the video transfer for season 1 seems a little poor. Not that most people would notice, but when compared to season 2, you can really tell a difference."
An Intelligent series for any Superman Fan
R. Griffin | Huntsville,AL | 10/21/2004
(5 out of 5 stars)
"Actually, Superman in this series is really Clark Kent,not the
opposite. Superman is a title given to him by the People and the
Daily Planet,The newspaper of Metropolis. Clark Kent was Kal-El
and now is a progeny of his step parents, The Kents. Clark Kent
had to create an alter ego in able to fit into society which as
we all know wouldn't accept an outworlder. I'm speaking in reference to the world of Smallville which is closer to the movies than the comic books.
If your stuck on the comic books then this series won't suffice
in my opinion unless you treat it with an open mind.
I love this series and I embrace it for what it really is, relating to those who are afraid sometimes to be who they really
are in society in fear of persecution. Growing pains are represented here as well which is why I think it is relatable
to the younger viewers. Give this series a try after watching
the Original Superman movie...I think it will prove itself to all
viewers with its intelligence."
Buy the Seasons Seperately, NOT this Set!
Ray Riddle | Winter Haven, FL | 11/09/2005
(4 out of 5 stars)
"I love the show, and the episodes are great. I highly recommend getting the DVDs, but I don't recommend buying THIS set. Have you noticed that if you buy Season One and Season Two SEPERATELY, as opposed to both together in this set, YOU SAVE A WHOLE LOT MORE MONEY? Isn't it supposed to be the other way around?"