Subject: I have found a DVD that I think you would enjoy
|Sundance Film Festival Collection Celebrating 25 Years|
Actors: Paul Giamatti, Shari Springer Berman, Harvey Pekar, Arnold Friedman, Jesse Friedman
Directors: Andrew Jarecki, Bryan Singer, Chris Eyre
Genres: Comedy, Drama, Mystery & Suspense
This limited edition, special collectors' DVD set celebrates 25 years of the Sundance Institute. It contains ten ground-breaking films that embody the sprit of independence, creative risk-taking, and diversity that define ... more »
Similarly Requested DVDs
Contains the following ten films
Colin Wilkinson | Austin, TX United States | 04/21/2008
(4 out of 5 stars)
"* sex, lies, and videotape (1988) Directed by Stephen Soderbergh. The film won the Audience Award at the 1989 Sundance Film Festival and Soderbergh was nominated for an Oscar® for Best Screenplay in 1990.
* Clerks (1993) Directed by Kevin Smith. The film won the Filmmakers Trophy at the 1994 Sundance Film Festival.
* The Usual Suspects (1994) Directed by Bryan Singer. The film screened at the 1995 Sundance Film Festival. Kevin Spacey won the Oscar for Best Actor in a Supporting Role and Christopher McQuarrie won for Best Writing, Screenplay Written Directly for the Screen, in 1996.
* Smoke Signals (1997) Directed by Chris Eyre. Eyre developed the film at the 1995 Sundance Institute Filmmakers Lab and won the Audience Award and the Filmmakers Trophy at the 1998 Sundance Film Festival.
* American Movie (1999) Directed by Chris Smith. The film won the Grand Jury prize at the 1999 Sundance Film Festival.
* Boys Don't Cry (1999) Directed by Kimberly Peirce. Peirce developed the film at the 1997 Sundance Institute Filmmakers Lab. Hilary Swank won the Oscar for Best Actress in a Leading Role, and Chloë Sevigny was nominated for an Oscar for Best Actress in a Supporting Role, in 2000.
* In the Bedroom (2000) Directed by Todd Field. Tom Wilkinson and Sissy Spacek were given Special Jury Prizes at the 2001 Sundance Film Festival for the film, which was nominated for five Oscars® including: Best Picture, Best Actor in a Leading Role (Tom Wilkinson), Best Actress in a Leading Role (Sissy Spacek), Best Actress in a Supporting Role (Marisa Tomei), and Best Screenplay Based on Material Previously Produced or Published in 2002.
* Real Women Have Curves (2002) Directed by Patricia Cardoso. The film won the Grand Jury Prize, and Lupe Ontiveros and America Ferrera won Special Jury Prizes at the 2002 Sundance Film Festival.
* Capturing the Friedmans (2002) Directed by Andrew Jarecki. The film won the Grand Jury Prize at the 2003 Sundance Film Festival and was nominated for an Oscar for Best Feature Documentary in 2004.
* American Splendor (2002) Directed by Shari Springer Berman and Robert Pulcini. The film, starring Paul Giamatti won the Grand Jury Prize at the 2003 Sundance Film Festival and was nominated for an Oscar in 2004 for Best Writing, Screenplay Based on Material Previously Produced or Published."