Subject: I have found a DVD that I think you would enjoy
|Thomas Friends Thomas and the Really Brave Engine|
Actor: Michael Brandon
Director: Dave Milton
Genres: Kids & Family, Television, Animation
Adventures abound on the Island of Sodor for Thomas and Friends! Watch as Oliver discovers the magic of snow during the Winter Festival. It?s Thomas to the rescue as Fergus breaks the rules and learns a very valuable lesso... more »
Similarly Requested DVDs
Thomas & Friends - Thomas & the Really Brave Engines
Amanda Richards | 12/09/2005
(5 out of 5 stars)
"Well, this video contains the 6 remaining episodes of the 7th season (not counting "Not So Hasty Cakes", cause that's 7 episodes, and the video can't have 7 episodes). It has episodes like "Snow Engine", and "A Bad Day at Castle Loch". These are the episodes:
OUR STORY STOPS ARE:
James and the Queen of Sodor
A Bad Day at Castle Loch
The Runaway Elephant
Fergus Breaks the Rules
MUSIC VIDEO: "Never, Never, Never Give Up" (Possibly)
STORYTELLER: Michael Brandon"
Showcasing some not-so-famous characters
Amanda Richards | Georgetown, Guyana | 07/25/2006
(5 out of 5 stars)
"This DVD contains six episodes from Season 7 of the television series "Thomas and Friends", plus a sing-along song "Troublesome Trucks", two DVD games, a coloring game for the computer and the Character Gallery. It also has a read along story "The Midnight Ride of Thomas the Tank Engine"
The episodes are:
1. Thomas & the Search for Fergus - Called "Fergus breaks the Rules" in the series. Fergus is a railway traction engine who works at the cement works, and is a very useful and obedient engine until Diesel shows up and plays a mean trick on him. Thomas comes to the rescue, and order is soon restored.
2. Bad Day at Castle Loch - The Scottish twins Donald and Douglas are feeling a bit homesick, but soon cheer up when they learn that Lord Callon is reopening his castle in Misty Valley, and they have been chosen to carry the decorations, bagpipes and other items for the festivities. Donald thinks that there's a monster living in the Loch, but Douglas doesn't believe him. A fallen tree and an avalanche have them stranded near to the Loch, and as night sets in, Douglas may have a change of heart.
3. Toby & the Windmill - Called "Toby's Windmill" in the series. One of Toby's favorite places is an old windmill which has seen better days, but is still functioning. One stormy night, a bolt of lightning destroys the windmill, and the miller thinks he's out of business until Toby has a bright idea which saves the day.
4. The Runaway Elephant - Duncan is in a big hurry to get all his jobs done, and is assigned the task of delivering a huge statue of an elephant to the new park. Unfortunately he doesn't bother to wait for a brake van, and sets off much too fast. A buffer puts a stop to his run, and the elephant makes like Dumbo, the flying elephant, before landing in the pond. (Listen for the song "Elephant Walk" in the background)
5. James & the Queen of Sodor - James is very proud of being shiny and clean, so Gordon plays a trick on him, so that he has to pull the Queen of Sodor, which turns out to be a dirty old barge instead of the royalty that James expected. He returns without getting dirty, but then Percy accidentally sprays him with dust.
6. Oliver the Snow Engine - Called "Snow Engine" in the series. Being a Great Western Engine, Oliver is not very fond of snow, but his brake van Toad thinks that snow is magical. The children have built a huge snowman in the square, and due to some icy points, Oliver accidentally crashes into the snowman getting stuck all night with his face sticking out through the belly.
This DVD is wonderful in that it brings in some characters that don't normally get top billing, such as Fergus, Donald, Douglas, Duncan, Oliver and Toad. Not so good for parents if your child now wants you to go out and buy all the engines featured here. A refreshing change from the normal cast of characters.
Amanda Richards, July 25, 2006