Subject: I have found a DVD that I think you would enjoy
|Wizards on Deck with Hannah Montana|
Actors: Mylie Cyrus, Moises Arias, Selena Gomez, Mitchel Musso, Dylan Sprouse
Genres: Kids & Family, Television
Climb on board for fun on the high seas as three of your favorite Disney Channel shows come together in WIZARDS ON DECK WITH HANNAH MONTANA -- on DVD for the first time ever! The S.S. TIPTON embarks on a triple-length come... more »
Similarly Requested DVDs
Featuring the characters of Disney Channel's `Wizards of Wav
Dennis A. Amith (kndy) | California | 10/13/2009
(4 out of 5 stars)
"In 2009, the Disney Channel featured a crossover trilogy featuring their top sitcoms "Wizards of Waverly Place", "The Suite Life" on Deck" and "Hannah Montana". Needless to say, this rare crossover was a big ratings winner for Disney as over 9.3 million viewers tuned into the crossover episodes. And now, all three episodes are featured on DVD with "Wizards on Deck with Hannah Montana".
Here is a listing of the episodes featured on the DVD and brief summary of the episode:
* Wizards of Waverly Place - Episode 25: Part 1 - Cast-Away (To Another Show) - In this episode, Justin wins a contest for a teenage cruise to meet London Tipton. Excited about the contest and excited about meeting London, Justin's sister Alex and Max come along. But with Alex, due to her missing homework, she is expected to study on the ship so Alex comes up with an idea: To bring Harper along and have her pretend she's Alex, while she has fun with Bailey and uses the alias Ashley Olsen. Meanwhile, Max finds a rival on the cruise, Zach Martin. Meanwhile, Justin meets London but pretends he's a doctor. This episode features a crossover with the characters of "Wizards of Waverly Place" and "Suite Life on Deck".
* The Suite Life on Deck - Episode 21: Part 2 - Double Crossed - Hannah Montana is going to perform on the SS Tipton and Cody tries to impress Bailey by trying to get tickets (despite the concert being sold out). Meanwhile, someone turns Justin blue and Mr. Moseby thinks its Zack, while Justin thinks its his sister Alex. This episode features a crossover of characters from all three shows.
* Hannah Montana - Episode 19: Part 3 - Super(stitious) Girl - Miley, her father Robby Ray and Lilly are onboard the SS Tipton for her concert. But Miley has a setback when she loses her deceased mom's anklet and Miley doesn't think she could perform as Hannah Montana without it. Meanwhile back at home, Jackson, Oliver and Rico open a package meant for Robby. This episode features a crossover of "Hannah Montana" and "The Suite Life on Deck".
VIDEO & AUDIO:
"Wizards on Deck with Hannah Montana" is presented in Full Screen (1:33:1) and is presented in Dolby Digital Surround Sound. For the most part, picture quality is better than the broadcast. Everything was good, although a segment in the "Hannah Montana" episode during a scene which involved Jackson and friends, picture quality looked quite blurry. But for the most part, all three episodes look good on DVD. As for audio, audio is clear and understandable. Personally, I found it much more appealing to have the audio on my receiver set for stereo on all channels.
Subtitles are featured in English SDH and Spanish.
"Wizards on Deck with Hannah Montana" comes with the following special features:
* Bonus Short: Justin's Award-Winning Essay - (3:33) Watch the essay video that got Justin and his siblings on the S.S. TIPTON Teen Cruise!
* It's A Suite Life Having Fun With Hannah & The Wizards - (5:42) Hilarious bloopers and backstage interviews with the stars!
* Dylan & Cole Sprouse: Blu-Ray is Suite - (4:45) A featurette about Blu-ray and High Definition.
* Learn How to Take Your Favorite Movies on the Go - (1:03) A Featurette explaining what a Disney Digital Copy is.
For Disney Channel fans of the original sitcoms "Wizards of Waverly Place", "Suite Life on Deck" and "Hannah Montana", to see a crossover with the three shows is quite rare and exciting for the fans. Well, technically the only episode to feature characters from all three shows is in the second episode "Double Crossed" and for some reason, the cast of the "Wizards of Waverly Place" and "Hannah Montana" do not interact in any of the episodes. Nevertheless, the storylines do tie the characters of each show together.
For the most part, fans of the three-episode crossover can't find anything wrong with this release. For the most part, all episodes are quite entertaining, hilarious and family friendly. I watched the DVD along with my son who enjoyed the crossover when it first aired on television and was excited to see it all over again.
As for the crossover episodes, I did feel that Brenda Song's character London Tipton ("Suite Life on Deck") was a bit too uncaring and self-centered in the special crossover episodes, especially on the "Hannah Montana" crossover episode. But there were a good number of enjoyable scenes throughout the three episodes. I found it interesting to see Bailey and Alex hanging out, Justin and London on a date, Zack and Max square off against each other, Cody and Harper enjoying their intellectual side of each other and more. Also, for "Suite Life on Deck" fans who wanted to see Cody and Bailey grow closer, those fans get to see how it all happens.
The added bonus features on the DVD was a nice touch but I wish they were much longer but for the most part, fans of this special crossover will be entertained by them.
Overall, "Wizards on Deck with Hannah Montana" was a fun, entertaining and hilarious DVD. Each crossover episode is fun for the entire family and for fans of each series series, overall this DVD release is quite solid. Definitely check it it out!"
Nice way to have the whole "trilogy" in one package; might h
Gregory Ehrbar | Orlando, FL | 10/01/2009
(3 out of 5 stars)
Fans of 60's television probably remember when characters from one series would "crossover" to another show, usually produced by or at the same studio. Morey Amsterdam appeared in his "Dick Van Dyke Show" character of Buddy Sorrell on an episode of The Danny Thomas Show. The casts of "The Beverly Hillbillies," "Petticoat Junction" and "Green Acres" often popped up on each other's shows. Rhoda called Mary Richards on her show. It's kind of a TV tradition (or gimmick, depending on whether your glass is half full or empty).
The Disney Channel sitcom characters have been doing this sort of thing for years, but probably never as elaborately in "Wizards on Deck with Hannah Montana," which are basically three half-hour episodes that connect with each other: a winning essay lands the Russo teens on the S.S. Tipton, where Hannah Montana is having a concert. It all comes together rather well, considering how many behind-the-scenes intrigues and approvals it may have involved (all three shows have different productions companies and crews even though they're all original Disney Channel series).
For fans, it's the stuff dreams are made of -- "Wow! Justin is meeting London as if she's a celebrity, and we all know how ditzy she is!" "Wow! Miley and Selena in one show!," etc. There's an interesting short bonus feature about the making of the trilogy with a selection of amusing bloopers, as well as a short feature called "How to Write an Essay," a tongue-in-cheek look at the writing process narrated by David "Justin" Henrie.
It might have been nice to have one or two bonus episodes, since all we get here are a total of three. It also might have been interesting to see how the episodes might have been edited together as if they were a feature/ But it's a convenient way to have the crossover "event," as it were.
As a note for those who like to keep track of these things, the three episodes are: "Castaway (to Another Show);" "Double Crazed" and "Super(stitious) Girl." And as a further note, this is the first Disney DVD I can recall that does not open with Captain Jack Depp saying, "We have our heading" leading to a promo for Blu-Ray.
An Awesome Crossover!!!
Pumpkin Man | 07/26/2009
(4 out of 5 stars)
"These three episodes mixes up the The Russo family, Zack, Cody, Hannah Montana, London Tipton, Lilly, Mr. Moseby, and Robby Ray! Justin Russo wins a trip to the S.S. Tipton and really wants to meet London, but he pretends to be rich so she'll like him. Cody tries getting tickets to a Hannah Montana concert, Zack falls in love with Alex Russo, and much more! I highly recommend WIZARDS ON DECK WITH HANNAH MONTANA!!!"