Discussion Forums - Health & Fitness

Topic: Turbo Jam ?

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
sophiasapientia (Shannon F.)

Subject: Turbo Jam ?
Date Posted: 11/30/2007 11:13 AM ET

I noticed that a few people are looking for Turbo Jam DVDs. I have several TJ workouts and did Turbo Jam 4-5 times a week  for many months until about a year ago. I thought it was so fun and LOVED what it did for my figure. However, I developed a chronic pain condition that I can only think was caused by doing the TJ DVDs. I am interested in hearing about folks experience with Turbo Jam, both positive and negative, or if anyone has heard of others who developed a pain condition because of these DVDs. I don't really want to part with these workouts because the results were so great but, at the same time, I've been scared to use them again.

Last Edited on: 11/30/07 12:40 PM EST - Total times edited: 1
Aerobicgirl (Mandy L.)

Subject: Turbo Jam
Date Posted: 12/1/2007 1:13 AM ET

Well, I had alot of knee pain when I was doing Turbo Jam at home when I was on carpet.  When I started teaching it at the gym where its wood surface, my knee pain went away.  There is a lot of constant low plie squat work as you punch.  And alot of pivoting.   so it can be hard on your knees if you have carpet.   When I do it at home now, I have to make sure I'm wearing a shoe that doesn't tug on the carpet.  Hope this helps.

Right now, I'm recovering from a very painful back injury and I think it was (or at least my doctor says) it could have been caused by doing Get Ripped.  But I love what it was doing for my body.  So I'm in the same delema!  I don't want to get rid of something that was giving me good results.  I'm still not sure if it was Get Ripped that caused my injury.  Because my injury occurred at a different time.  So who knows!

hiphopknitstergirl (Dhana G.)

Date Posted: 12/3/2007 2:58 PM ET

I love Turbo Jam because it's so much fun, so I know it must be hard not to be able to work out with it. Maybe once your doctor says it's okay to exercise, you can work them back into your exercise program along with other types of exercises. If you do the same kind of exercise all the time, you can hurt those muscles that you are repeatedly using. Having variety in your workout will certainly help! Good luck!

BookBizMom (Courtney H.)

Date Posted: 1/21/2008 8:41 PM ET

I would love a Turbo Jam DVD if anyone has one....

I can't even find it listed on this site to put it on my wishlist. Am I missing something?

Beth R.

Date Posted: 2/25/2008 8:46 PM ET

I can't find it either.  I wanted to see what other dvd's were available. 

dmhammy (Dawn H.)

Date Posted: 2/29/2008 11:58 PM ET

Turbo Jam isn't available to put on your wishlist because its put out by beachbody. Most of their dvds you can only get new directly from them so dvds distributed like that are generally not in the system. You can however post on the forum that you are looking for them and members who have them can contact you and offer them to you.

Dawn

exercisegirl (Pam T.)

Date Posted: 5/28/2008 10:45 PM ET

I love Turbo Jam and have no problems with them at all.  I just used 3 different dvd's today alone.  Ebay is a good place to find them.  I'm 42 also and my knees give me problems with firms tapes but not Turbo.

Last Edited on: 5/28/08 10:45 PM EST - Total times edited: 1
myhotstylist (Adriane S.)

Date Posted: 12/26/2009 7:08 AM ET

Ive never had any problems using TurboJam on the carpet.

Chrissy N.

Subject: turbo jam...
Date Posted: 1/24/2010 12:06 PM ET

I love turbo jam too! I was unfit and did have some problems with it, but found some knee stretches that really helped A LOT! I got mine from ebay and paid a fraction of the cost.

sschallau (Stephanie S.)

Date Posted: 2/3/2010 4:51 PM ET

I have a bunch of turbo jam videos and I LOVE them!! :)