Discussion Forums - Questions about SwapaDVD

Topic: Received a book instead of DVD =)

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Cali (Cynthia M.)

Subject: Received a book instead of DVD =)
Date Posted: 12/30/2009 4:51 PM ET

? - I received a book instead of the DVD I ordered and the Help Ctr. doesn't cover this one. The sender is very nice, already refunded my credit + a 2nd credit to ship it to the correct person. (The same thing I did when I made this error mixing up 2 book labels once upon a time.)

What I'm not sure about is how to mark it? As I said, none of the descriptions/definitions in the Help Ctr. cover this one. Should I mark it "Received w/a problem" or "not received," what? We are still waiting to hear from the person who received my DVD instead of her book. But I want to be able to explain that this sender was very polite, jumped right on the situation, refunded my credit, and did everything she could.

I'm thinking I should mark it "Received w/a problem" and if the other person does mail me the DVD then I will refund 1 credit back to the original sender.

Suggestions anyone?  Thank you!  =)
Cheers!
Cali

JessyBird03 (Jessica J.)

Date Posted: 12/30/2009 9:43 PM ET

if you "rwap" then the sender will have a mark on their record. I would say, mark it received normally, since she already refunded you. If you mark it RWAP, swap will refund you a second time. I think, since she has already taken care of it, that I would just mark it recevied. If you do ever get the movie, you can always refund her a credit.

KathrynBlodgett (Kathryn B.)

Date Posted: 12/31/2009 2:27 AM ET

unless it was a wishlisted dvd, i would mark it recieved.  If its wishlisted and you do that you will lose your standing in line.  You might want to contact swapadvd about the issue if it was wishlisted.

jaimelesmaths (Julien C.)

Date Posted: 12/31/2009 2:33 AM ET

Sorry, none of that was really helpful.

Since you haven't received the DVD yet, I wouldn't mark it at all. If it does go lost, you can use Feedback to let SwapADVD know what is going on.

Last Edited on: 12/31/09 2:35 AM EST - Total times edited: 1
JessyBird03 (Jessica J.)

Date Posted: 12/31/2009 8:32 PM ET

Since my first answer wasn't very helpful, how bout this :)

Use 1 credit to ship the book to the next person.  Give the extra credit (the refund) back to the sender.  Then, when it goes lost, you will be refunded your credit by the system.  That way you don't lose your place in line and you don't really have to contact anyone about anything.

berlioz3 (Beth L.)

Date Posted: 12/31/2009 8:58 PM ET

Yes, since you never received any DVD, don't mark anything at all.  If things move quickly, you might still get the DVD before it ever goes Lost, then you can mark it as normal.  If it does go Lost, you can mark it Received from your Transaction Archive.

jaimelesmaths (Julien C.)

Date Posted: 1/1/2010 11:21 AM ET

Jessy, I didn't mean your answer: I was referring to what I put before I edited my post :) I misread the OP's question.

JessyBird03 (Jessica J.)

Date Posted: 1/1/2010 8:55 PM ET

hehe, even if you didn't mean my answer, you were right.  :) 

She shouldn't have marked anything if the dvd was never received. I was blinded by the sender already refunding 2 credits to make it right, without looking at the bigger picture.