Discussion Forums - Vintage Films

Topic: What's the funniest film you've ever seen?

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
RutaBaker (Marya Z.)

Subject: What's the funniest film you've ever seen?
Date Posted: 1/7/2010 6:30 PM ET

(I started a thread about this in the Comedy forum but thought it might be interesting here as well.)

Mine is CHEAP DETECTIVE with Peter Falk in the main role and a great cast including Eileen Brennan, Marsha Mason, Louise Fletcher, James Coco, Dom de Luise, Fernando Lamas, Ann-Margaret, Sid Caesar, etc.

It's Neil Simon's parody of several classic Bogart films: CASABLANCA, TO HAVE AND HAVE NOT, THE BIG SLEEP, and THE MALTESE FALCON. I love these films but I think CHEAP DETECTIVE would be very funny even for those who havent seen those films.

Some might argue that CHEAP DETECTIVE isn't vintage or classic as it's only 30 or so years old, but the subject matter might just pitch it into the classic or vintage categorie.

So what's the funniest film you've ever seen?

melikedvd (Lory R.)

Date Posted: 3/21/2011 11:33 PM ET

I still love "Duck Soup" starring The Marx Bros.,  the funniest anti-war movie ever.   "Take the Money & Run" had me rolling on the floor.  "And Now For Something Completely Different"  turned me on to Monty Python.  "Airplane" invented a whole new form of comedy movies and it's still the best of them.

These are my choices.