Discussion Forums - Film, TV & Radio

Topic: Anyone have Guiding Light's "MANNY" Storyline on VHS or DVD?

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
dvdgirl (Kelly H.)

Subject: Anyone have Guiding Light's "MANNY" Storyline on VHS or DVD?
Date Posted: 12/10/2007 8:42 PM ET

I absolutely wish I would have taped the episodes of guiding light where Bethany Joy Lenz (Michelle) & Paul Anthony Stewart (Danny) started their love affair.

Does anybody have their storyline on VHS or DVD?  I am willing to trade credits, dvd's, books, etc.

Please PM me if you have one or if you know who I can buy one from.

Thanks

Kelly

dvdgirl (Kelly H.)

Date Posted: 1/6/2008 5:08 PM ET

I found a girl on the internet who had the complete storyline.  She said edited down it was about 60 hours.  Which to me is anywhere from 10 to 15 disks.

She wanted $175.  SHE'S NUTS!!!

So I'll ask again if anybody has the storyline on vhs tapes or burned onto a dvd can you tell me.  Thanks in advance.

Kelly

lisa3 (Lisa Z.)

Date Posted: 1/10/2008 12:05 AM ET

Well... considering that the person with the material had to tape every single episode over many months, and then go through and edit everything into just the pertinent scenes, I think $175 a set is probably fair.  It must have taken her absolutely AGES to do all that work. For a few years I had some tapes with the early days of the Danny/Michelle story, nowhere near 60 hours worth of it, but probably 10-15, but they're long gone now. Also, I think it's illegal (copyright violation) to sell them anyway.