Discussion Forums - Questions about SwapaDVD

Topic: Dvd had sticker on it, what would you do?

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
nonvenomous (Bronwen C.)

Subject: Dvd had sticker on it, what would you do?
Date Posted: 8/9/2010 6:25 PM ET

I requested a DVD and it came with a sticker on it. On the side that you don't play, with the pictures and details, it was an address return label. I'm not happy with it at all as this was supposed to be a gift for my sister. Would you let it go, or would you mark it received with a problem?

SarithaAnn (Sara C.)

Date Posted: 8/9/2010 6:32 PM ET

If the sticker does not affect the playability of the DVD, then you need to let it go. 

rxrcds (Melissa B.)

Date Posted: 8/9/2010 7:45 PM ET

A sticker does not make an item RWAP unless it causes the DVD to not play.  Many rental stores will place stickers on the DVD itself and it does not affect anything other than cosmetic value.

KathrynBlodgett (Kathryn B.)

Date Posted: 8/9/2010 10:50 PM ET

As long as the dvd plays, you must mark it received properly. You cannot mark a dvd RWAP if it follows the guidelines of the site, even if you don't like the condition it arrived in. A lot of rental places put stickers on their dvds. I find that a little goo-gone will take it off easily without damaging the disc, so you may be able to get it off and still gift it without any noticeable difference.

SeeKingChrist (Simon D.)

Date Posted: 8/9/2010 10:53 PM ET

If the address label is on the top side of the disc a little cautious elbow grease should take it right off and not affect the look of the disc. I've gottem quite a few with rental store stickers not on the plastic case ( easily removed ) but stuck on the artwork itself ( might as well leave it or risk tearing it ).

Quickzoom (Shawn T.)

Date Posted: 8/10/2010 1:28 PM ET

I've used the hair dryer trick a couple of times to take stickers off of disks or artwork.  I've had decent luck with it.  Also used the "Goo Gone" product to clean off the sticky residue that was left behind.

sinistar (George S.)

Date Posted: 8/11/2010 4:47 PM ET

Since the following crieria is listed in the help section regarding the condition of posted DVD's, I am not sure that I would agree a sticker on the DVD is acceptable even if it does not affect play...

"You must also make sure your DVD and its case are clean and free of any dirt, lint, liquid spills, etc."

Sure, it does not mention stickers specifically, but I would think it would be included in the "etc." considering a sticker is much more bothersome than lint. cheeky

SeeKingChrist (Simon D.)

Date Posted: 8/11/2010 7:48 PM ET

Nahh, a return label address sticker on a disc is much different then getting a disc covered in somebody's dinner. What irks me is when you do have to report a transaction rwap the rules then somehow "change" and the powers that be don't want to hear about the case or artwork and you're to then only rwap if the disc is not playable. Besides as far as the sticker goes if it wasn't a return address label it could have as easily been one of the circular stickers that go aroung the center of the disc from a rental store. I personally wouldn't use this site to get anyone a gift unless I know the item is brand new...if not that's what that little " buy from amazon" button is for!

EsmeStoHelit (Jolene O.)

Date Posted: 8/11/2010 10:49 PM ET

yes Simon

King K.

Subject: Edited by the SwapaDVD Team
Date Posted: 5/14/2018 10:17 PM ET
Edited by the SwapaDVD Team

Last Edited on: 6/8/18 7:18 PM EST - Total times edited: 0
Xiaojun X.

Subject: Edited by the SwapaDVD Team
Date Posted: 6/6/2018 12:51 AM ET
Edited by the SwapaDVD Team