Discussion Forums - Action

Topic: Best Jet Li films?

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
SeeKingChrist (Simon D.)

Subject: Best Jet Li films?
Date Posted: 9/4/2010 9:57 PM ET

I've never watched any Jet Li films ( except The Expendables which doesn't really count ). So far I've bought one ( Unleashed ) and got one off of here ( War ). What are some good Jet Li films and why do you recommend it?

crazycatlady (Lori F.)

Date Posted: 1/16/2011 6:14 PM ET

the one is very good as well as the forbbin kingdom. In that one jet li plays 2 roles.

twudiyono (Timothy W.)

Date Posted: 2/2/2011 10:57 PM ET

Unleashed and War is definitely one of the best work he has done.

Here are some more that I recommend:

-Kiss of the Dragon

-Crade 2 the Grave

-Fearless

-Once Upon a Time in China series

-THE ONE ====> Must watch

ahurley53 (Amelia H.)

Date Posted: 2/5/2011 1:43 PM ET

Contract

Hero

The Enforcer

Romeo Must Die

willyum (William T.)

Date Posted: 9/22/2012 11:26 AM ET

Fist of Legend -- One of his best. But be aware that the Dragon Dynasty release has terrible subtitles. Not terrible in grammar, but terrible in that entire dialogue was completely rewritten, not even translated. Trivia: in this movie Jet Li plays Chen Zhen, who avenges his master's death. In Fearless, Jet Li plays Huo Yuan Jia, who, story-wise, is the master whose death is being avenged in Fist of Legend.

Once Upon a Time in China 1, 2 & 3  -- Classic portrayal of Wong Fei Hong, and excellent action. Trivia: there's a character in the fighting game Last Blade that resembles Wong Fei Hong.

The Master -- Jet Li's character comes to the US to visit his master, only to find that he has gone missing. Great culture shock between his character and the people he encounters.