Discussion Forums - VHS/Laserdisc Bazaar

Topic: Wanted: Candles In The Dark w/ Alyssa Milano

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Snowbird (Windy B.)

Subject: Wanted: Candles In The Dark w/ Alyssa Milano
Date Posted: 9/8/2010 4:54 PM ET

I saw this movie on t.v. several years ago.  I've searched every place I can think of without any success in finding it.  I hope someone here has it and is willing to part with it.

Synopsis: In hopes of shaping her up, Sylvia (played by Alyssa Milano) is sent to Estonia to live with her aunt. Though happy to see her family, she wants nothing to do with being in Estonia, a place without the luxuries of home, where most people don't even own telephones. However, once she discovers that Estonia is also a place where Christmas is not allowed to be celebrated, churches are closed up, and most people are living in fear, she discovers a passion to reach out and help. Soon after, she finds herself in the middle of a group effort to help Estonians regain the right to celebrate Christmas, following in her father's footsteps, and falling in love with the leader of the rebellion. However, before she can whole-heartily fight for the Estonians, she must first learn to put aside shallow things and realize what is truly important in life. This is a movie of adventure, heroism, courage, hope, love, compassion and danger.

Last Edited on: 12/17/11 8:39 AM EST - Total times edited: 1
Jerry R.

Subject: Candles in the Dark 1993
Date Posted: 2/20/2016 4:05 AM ET

I searched all over for Candles in the Dark staring Alysisa Milano and had no luck.  Then one day I came across someone who had a pre-recorded VHS tape of the movie and I purchased it for around $30 or $40.  When the tape came in it looked great, but I don't think it was meant for public release.  The box looked great with the graphics of most pre-recorded movies and the tape looked just like any other VHS movie you once bought.  Well, when you start watching the movie your screen will completely go black as if this is where the commercials would have been and then the movie would continue where it had left off.  It's a little bit of a pain, but I was never sorry I bought it.  The only other place to get it is Amazon and you h

Xiaojun X.

Subject: Edited by the SwapaDVD Team
Date Posted: 6/6/2018 12:51 AM ET
Edited by the SwapaDVD Team

Last Edited on: 6/8/18 9:59 AM EST - Total times edited: 0
kbann (Beth A.)

Date Posted: 7/8/2018 1:15 PM ET

I know this post is really old but if anyone is interested this is now available to watch on Amazon pime video. It sounded good so I looked and noticed it there.