Discussion Forums - Horror

Topic: the orphanage movie

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
bebo (Paula S.)

Subject: the orphanage movie
Date Posted: 9/12/2010 12:30 PM ET

this movie was not even in english, has english subtitles, this should have been made clear

SeeKingChrist (Simon D.)

Date Posted: 9/12/2010 1:23 PM ET

Sometimes some of the best horror films ( like Martyrs, A Serbian Film, La Horde ) have subtitles. I personally don't understand why so many people have issues with them. Maybe you or someone else can fill me in on why they bother some people so much...just curious ( I guess I should dislike them because I never read...I just figure if the book is good enough they'll eventually make a film about it,lol )

sterju3 (Nicole W.)

Date Posted: 9/15/2010 5:19 PM ET

About 1/3 rd of the movies I own have subtitles..they are 10 times better than hollywood films..I do not have a problem reading them at all.  My husband can't stand them..I'd say your missing out on great movies because of that..

Deidra670 (Deidra C.)

Subject: the orphanage
Date Posted: 9/29/2010 2:30 AM ET

foreign language films don't bother me at all. i've watched several and they've all been excellent for the most part. i really loved THE ORPHANAGE, but my choice for best foreign horror film comes from France, THEM. THEM truly scared the crap outta me with a minimum of gore.

ohsonaughty (Tara C.)

Subject: The Orphanage....
Date Posted: 11/21/2010 6:38 PM ET

Yes it had subtitles...but it was still a good movie, wasn't it?  Here's some other good ones where you have to pick English:

Let the Right One In

Brotherhood of the Wolf

Pans Labyrinth

Ronald B.

Date Posted: 6/27/2011 8:09 PM ET

I loved the Orphanage! It had such a good ending. I wish more people would watch more good movies that have subtitles.