Discussion Forums - Children's/Family

Topic: Disney Dvd Real Value Question

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
HolyTrinityHome (Caroline F.)

Subject: Disney Dvd Real Value Question
Date Posted: 12/12/2010 3:40 PM ET

I have a question, I know Disney goes and vaults many of it's movie and don't release them for 10 years and keeps the value up. But Honestly what would the value of a regular Disney Dvd meaning not blu-ray, 

just a regular copy have? for example right now Amazon has Alice in Wonderland for $12.99 it's a 2 disc Special Un-Anniversary Edition (1951)....in ten years would it worth anything?

If so how would anyone really know?  thanks for responding :D

crazycatlady (Lori F.)

Subject: disney vault question
Date Posted: 1/19/2011 4:47 PM ET

The reason Disney puts movies in thevalut is not for vaule but to keep the market from being flooded with

there product. The 10 yar rule is so a new genertion is interduced to that movies and parnets can sare the memories with there childeren.

When the rerelase a movies it's uslay a bette copy and more up to date format, and uslay delated seances or specialp feature about the making of not released before.

I hope that helps

Gary J.

Subject: Always be worth money
Date Posted: 2/24/2011 7:13 PM ET

Disney movies with always be worth money. I scout disney movies at resale shops all the time and I know I'm not the only one. The shop I buy most of my dvd's at has an average of a one to two day turnover rate meaning thats how long from being placed on the shelf to being purchased.