Discussion Forums - VHS/Laserdisc Bazaar

Topic: Rules for Swapping in the VHS Bazaar

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Page:
lens (Len S.)
SwapaDVD Team

Subject: Rules for Swapping in the VHS Bazaar
Date Posted: 1/7/2008 1:30 PM ET

Please Note: Deals made in the VHS Bazaar are the sole responsibility of the members involved in the deal. SwapaDVD does not guarantee swaps made in the Bazaar, nor do we offer any recourse for credits and/or movies that are lost as a result of trading in the Bazaar. Please refrain from contacting us regarding Bazaar deals unless rules stated below are broken.

The VHS Bazaar is a forum where members can advertise:

1. VHS tapes

2. BetaMax tapes (BetaMax players are RARE! Make sure your post clearly states BetaMax format.)

3. Laserdiscs

There are a few rules that must be followed to post in the Bazaar. Breaking these rules may result in suspension of forum privileges or expulsion from the club.

• No copied movies are permitted for swapping anywhere on SwapaDVD.� This is a rule; it is also the law.� Offering a copied/burned DVD or VHS tape in either Bazaar will cause expulsion from the club.
  • In the VHS Bazaar, each member may start a maximum of 2 topics per day, and may "bump" a topic only once per day (not the same day that the topic was started).� This is a rule.
    • Do not continue to "bump" your older topics to the front page if you have any listings there already.
    • Combine your listings! Any more than 2 on the front page from the same member will cause all of your listings to be deleted.
    • This is to permit everyone to have a chance to have their topic appear on the front page for a while, and not be "crowded out" by one relentless poster.
  • Only movies (VHS or BetaMax tapes) may be offered in the VHS Bazaar. You cannot swap VHS tapes for DVDs.�� This is a rule.
  • You cannot ask or offer more than the "SwapaDVD price" (1 credit per tape) at any time.� This is a rule.
  • The original case is NOT required, however, the VHS must be the original and not a copy. If you are sending just the video cassette, it must have the original label/sticker on it to show it is not a copy. This is a rule.
  • Topics advertising your VHSes must be confined to the VHS Bazaar.� This is a rule.
  • Members must be courteous and respectful to one another. This is a rule.
  • Fraudulent offerings will not be tolerated and will result in expulsion from the club as well as possible legal action.

Here are the typical steps for completing a deal in the Bazaar:

1. The listing member creates a forum topic with a title describing what's being offered and additional details in the body of the post.

2. The receiving member finds a movie they're interested in and reads existing posts to make sure the item hasn't been claimed. If not, the receiving member should post a short claim to alert others that the item has been taken.

3. Send a personal message (PM) to the listing member to confirm details and availability of the movie.

4. The listing member confirms by PM.

5. The receiving member PMs the listing member with a delivery address.

6. The receiving member "buddies" the required number of credits to the listing member. Please see "How do I give credits to other members?" in the Help Center for assistance, if necessary.

7. Upon receiving credits, the listing member packs and ships the movie. The listing member should also edit their original Bazaar posting to note the movies that have been claimed.

PLEASE NOTE that in order to submit a DVD request directly to a specific member, you need to click the Order this DVD button that is ON the Tower and nowhere else in the system.� The "order" button on the popup from the DVD cover image and the "order" button on the DVD Details page (the page you go to when you click the DVD title or cover image to read more about the DVD) will NOT work to submit your request directly to another member.�� If you are on the DVD Details page, be sure to GO BACK to the member's DVD Tower to click the "Order this DVD" button there--use your browser's "back" button.

�Finally, here are a couple of recommendations to ensure successful use of the Bazaar:

• It is wise to consolidate your VHS Bazaar topics: title them with something eye-catching ("Spiderman and Batman and Superman, oh my!"), and give details in the first post (titles, formats, dates, stars of the VHSes you are offering).� This is a recommendation.
  • It is not recommended to start VHS Bazaar topics saying only "look at my tower!" or "order from me".� These topics clutter up the Bazaar and don't really help members know if you have anything on your tower that they might like. This is a recommendation.

If everyone adheres to these rules and recommendations, the VHS Bazaar will be a safe, dependable method of swapping quality items that would otherwise be unpostable on SwapaDVD.

Gerald R.

Subject: Loans?
Date Posted: 1/15/2009 12:40 PM ET

I was really pleased to see that VHS tapes can be transacted, as most of our collection is in that format and we tend to prefer classics to recent efforts.  However, I am faced with the same problem in both media.  I would love to share our better films, but do not want to give them up.  So,  I wonder if a loan arrangement couldn't be fostered.  There are so many more menbers who would like to view some of the finer films than there is supply that this might work.  I would think that a long term, say 3 or 6 months might be a workable and desirable time period. 

What do you think?

Anyway, you are doing a terrific job!  Thanks so much for the framework which you have created.  By the way, I was looking for the info on transferring book swap credits to DVD credits and couldn't find it.  What is the exchange rate?  (I haven't yet posted any books.)

Jerry Ritter,   Racine, WI

Annette H.

Subject: Christian Education 2 for 1
Date Posted: 2/4/2009 10:06 PM ET

Oops I didn't mean to post this here. 

Last Edited on: 2/4/09 10:08 PM EST - Total times edited: 1
Guglielmo (Rob N.)

Subject: 2 for 1 is against the rules?
Date Posted: 2/5/2009 8:20 AM ET

I see several posts with "2 for 1" and "3 movies for 1 credit" in the subject line. It seems fair if the person wants to make that offer, but doesn't that violate the rule that says, "You cannot ask or offer more than the "SwapaDVD price" (1 credit per tape) at any time.  This is a rule."

yardsaler (Nancy H.)

Subject: 2 for 1
Date Posted: 2/6/2009 4:54 PM ET

"You cannot ask or offer more than the "SwapaDVD price" (1 credit per tape) at any time.  This is a rule."

Rob,

This rule is to keep someone from offering more than 1 credit for a heavily wishlisted book to get it ahead of someone else, or someone that has a heavily wishlisted book offering it for more that one credit.

Nancy

Tammy B.

Subject: Rule Clarification
Date Posted: 2/26/2009 5:50 AM ET

"You cannot ask or offer more than the "SwapaDVD price" (1 credit per tape) at any time.  This is a rule."

I just listed some VHS movies and I wanted to be sure that I was not breaking the rules.  The above statement means that I can not ask for more then one credit per movie but I can give three movies for one credit. CORRECT???

Tammy

Patricia H.

Subject: old movie
Date Posted: 2/26/2009 4:27 PM ET

i have been trying to find the  The life and times of  grizzly adams   like the program that used to come on tv if anybody has them and wants to get rid them please email me at    itsmeitsmepatty@yahoo.com      i want my grandson to watch them      thanks  patricia

mustanggeorge (George T.)

Subject: VHS tapes for trade
Date Posted: 3/11/2009 10:28 PM ET
I have over 50 VHS tapes in mint condition for trade of credits.write me for your list I will post in next few days complete list of tapes. lots of kids stuff,block busters, etc. George Turner mustanggeorge@gmail.com
nitesea (Tammy V.)

Date Posted: 3/17/2009 10:30 PM ET

I'm new here.  Can you use DVD credits for Book Swap and vice versa?

brownscot (Suzette B.)

Subject: New Movies Added for Swap-Need Points!
Date Posted: 4/2/2009 7:33 PM ET

2 Fast 2 Furiuos-Widescreen

Boiler Room

Catch Me If You Can

Dave Chappelle's Unrated Block Party

Friday After Next

Glory Road

Scary Movie 3

XXX-Widescreen Special Edition

travelbug2497 (Kelly L.)

Subject: Do I need cases to post VHS Tapes?
Date Posted: 6/4/2009 10:16 PM ET

I have sooo many VHS Tapes without cases... are we allowed to post them on here?  

Thanks ....

Kelly

Email me here....

Travelbug2497@yahoo.com

Amber G.

Subject: How to Bump
Date Posted: 7/19/2009 7:25 PM ET

How do I "bump" my post?

ladyrose (Sheila S.)

Date Posted: 8/24/2009 8:36 AM ET

just type BUMP in the topic.

sulock (Susan S.)

Subject: 5 Kids VHS tapes-101 Dalmatians,Willy Wonka...
Date Posted: 11/12/2009 9:00 AM ET

I will trade VHS tapes for 1 credit, just PM with info.  All in oversize cases:

Willy Wonda & the Chocolate Factory-Gene Wilder

101 Dalmatians-Glenn Close

Casper-Christina Ricci

The Jungle Book-Jason Scott Lee

The Sandlot-Tom Guiry

Crispin T.

Subject: "BETA TAPES" STAR WARS 1 AND RETURN OF THE JEDI (BETA TAPES)
Date Posted: 11/13/2009 3:23 AM ET

"BETA TAPES"

STAR WARS 1 AND

RETURN OF THE JEDI (BETA TAPES)

IN ORIGINAL COVERS, GREAT COMDITION.

1 CREDIT PER TAPE PLEASE.

THANKS,

CRIS

Kim W.

Subject: VHS
Date Posted: 1/22/2010 9:08 AM ET

How do you post VHS tapes?

Can you get credit for DVDs?

Laurie B.

Subject: vhs tapes
Date Posted: 1/24/2010 12:26 PM ET

i currently have :Son In Law, Wayne's World, The Naked Gun from the files of Police Squad, One True Thing, Penn And Teller Bullsh!t, The Quest, Monster Truck Bloopers, Galaxy Quest, The Sandlot , An Evening With John Muir, Tai Chi For Health : Yang Short Form, Mission Impossible, MD Geist, Robin Hood Men In Tights, Ace Ventura Pet Detective, Alfred Hitchcock Vol. 2 Murder/Secret Agent 2 tape set, Creepy Classics, Blade, Blade 2, X-Men Night Of The Sentinels, X-Men Enter Magneto And Deadly Reunions.     

emeraldfire (Mary M.)

Subject: I have so many VHS tapes
Date Posted: 5/7/2010 9:40 PM ET

Could I post them here?

mark1428 (Mark G.)

Subject: Question about credits
Date Posted: 7/21/2010 2:40 PM ET

I've only recently joined SWAPADVD and am wondering if I post a VHS and someone responds that they want it; when I send it out and they receive it, do I get a "credit" in my SWAPADVD account?  Thanks for the help.

Mark

kaiyotea (Jonathan S.)

Subject: Question about TV Series
Date Posted: 1/7/2011 7:43 AM ET

The rules state that:

"Only movies (VHS or BetaMax tapes) may be offered in the VHS Bazaar.   This is a rule."

How does that apply to TV series released on VHS?

Thanks

Dennis B.

Date Posted: 4/17/2011 10:09 PM ET

Last Edited on: 4/17/11 10:11 PM EST - Total times edited: 1
mnkricau (Kristy R.)

Subject: oops wrong place to post LOL
Date Posted: 7/26/2011 11:46 PM ET

Last Edited on: 7/26/11 11:48 PM EST - Total times edited: 1
Sander (Amanda D.)

Date Posted: 12/15/2011 10:32 PM ET

What about condition? I have a bunch of childrens movies in clamshell cases and the cases got brittle over time, can they be posted with out their cases?

Janine A.

Date Posted: 1/4/2012 2:39 AM ET

Last Edited on: 1/4/12 2:41 AM EST - Total times edited: 1
ggsgirl (Cindy Lee E.)

Subject: VHS tapes 3 for 1 DVD credit
Date Posted: 4/20/2012 10:46 PM ET

Braveheart--Mel Gibson                  Star Wars Trilogy                   Ghost--Patrick Swayze               Dirty Dancing--Patrick Swayze                    Road House--Patrick Swayze

Air Force One--Harrison Ford             The Fugitive--Harrison           Primal Fear--Richard Gere              Strike Force--Richard Gere           The Bodyguard--Kevin Costner

The King and I--Yul Brenner                Auntie Mame--Rosalind Russel     Change of Habit--Elvis Presley    White Christmas--Bing Crosb                                                      

Showboat--Howard Keel              Calamity Jane--Doris Day            Anchors Aweigh--Frank Sinatra          West Side Story--Natalie Wood     Oklahoma--Gordon MacCra

Pretty Woman--Julia Roberts         Erin Brockovitch--Julia Roberts        Runaway Bride--Julia Roberts         Ransom--Mel Gibson      Son of Ali Baba--Tony Curtis      

First Knight--Sean Connery        Miracle On 34th Street--Maureen O'Hara       Ever After--Drew Barrymore     Twister--Helen Hunt       Superman--Christopher Reeve

Three Men and a Baby--Tom Selleck          Three Men and a Little Lady   The Perfect Storm--George Clooney    Coyote Ugly--Piper Perabo                                                                                  

If you have any questions about a movie, email me.

Page: