Discussion Forums - VHS/Laserdisc Bazaar

Topic: Rules for Swapping in the VHS Bazaar

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Page:
Lyn M.

Subject: Sorry..I goofed by posting more than 2 topics
Date Posted: 4/1/2013 5:29 AM ET

Hope this doesn't get me kicked off....please let me know how I need to delete the multiples.  I've gotten requests for several.  I'm new to DVD Swap but an old hand at Paperback Swap.

James T.

Subject: Movies for trade for credits
Date Posted: 1/18/2014 9:16 PM ET

Moody Institute of Science
Wonder of you.  A Mystery Story. A Matter of Taste.  - Children's Science Adventures --Missing outer box, Tape only.
Distinctively Human - Discovery Series --Has original hardcase cover.

Odyssey
A Fine Feathered Frenzy - Episode 3--Church Copy - Has a hardcase cover
Star Quest - Episode 5--Church Copy - Has a hardcase cover

The Donut Man - The Donut All-Stars--Church Copy - Has a hardcase cover

The Animated Stories from the Bible
Ruth--Original cardboard-cover-worn
Esther--Original cardboard-cover-worn

The Greatest Adventure - Stories from the Bible
Queen Esther--Original cardboard-cover-worn

Mystery Men - Ben Stiller--Original cardboard-cover-worn

Alvin and the Chipmunks - Sing-Along--Original cardboard-cover-worn

Little Audrey and Friends--Original cardboard-cover-worn slightly

Little Audrey plus other cartoon classics--Original cardboard-cover-worn

The Mask - Jim Carrey--Original cardboard-cover-worn

Little People - Discovering Animals - Volume 3--Original cardboard-cover-worn

3-2-1 Penguins
The Cheating Scales of Bullamanka--Original cardboard-cover-worn
The Amazing Carnival of Complaining--Original cardboard-cover-worn
Runaway Pride at Lightstation Kilowatt--Original cardboard-cover-worn

My Little Pony - The Princess Promenade--Original cardboard-cover-worn

Dora the Explorer
Big Sister Dora--Original cardboard-cover-worn
Fairytale Adventure--Original cardboard-cover-worn

Ray Stevens Comedy Video Classics--Original cardboard-cover--LIKE NEW

Forrest Gump - Tom Hanks--Original cardboard-cover--worn

The American President - Michael Douglas - Annette Bening - Martin Sheen - Michael J. Fox--Original cardboard-cover-LIKE NEW

Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves - Kevin Costner--Original cardboard-cover is mildly worn

The Ten Commandments(1956) - Charlton Heston - All Star Cast--Original cardboard-cover worn

The Princess Bride - Cary Elwes--Original Clamshell-clamshell damaged

Inspector Gadget-live action-Matthew Broderick--Original Clamshell-clamshell damaged

Babe(1996)-Live action--Original Clamshell-clamshell damaged

My Little Pony - The End of Flutter Valley - Parts 1 - 10--Original Clamshell-clamshell damaged

Fantasia-original movie --Original Clamshell-clamshell damaged

The Cat in the Hat-Mike Myers--Original Clamshell-clamshell damaged

The Princess and the Goblin-Cartoon---Original Clamshell-clamshell damaged

The Lion King--Original Clamshell-clamshell damaged

VeggieTales-Where's God when I'm S-Scared--Original cardboard-cover--worn

KingofGarageSales (David M.)

Subject: 350 VHS collection for sale
Date Posted: 2/21/2014 2:09 AM ET

TERMS: For 1 to 10 VHS cassettes the swap rate is one DVD credit for each cassette. For purchases of lot of 12, 15, 18, or 21 cassettes, the swap rate is three cassettes for two DVD credits; for lots of even numbers between 22 and 350 the swap rate is two cassettes for one DVD credit.

Examples: If you selected 7 cassettes the price would be 7 DVD credits. For a lot of 15 cassettes the price (@ 3-for-2) would be 10 DVD credits. For a lot of 16 the price would be (15 @ 3-for-2, or 10 DVD credits) + (1 @ 1-for-1) for a total of 11 DVD credits. For a lot of 24 the price would be (two-for-one) 12 DVD credits; for 25 cassettes it would be (12 @ 2-for-1) + (1 @ 1-for-1) for a total of 13 DVD credits.

I have not personally watched all of them, so can't say with certainty what playability condition each is in. If you find one that does not meet YOUR standards you may return it, postage-paid within 7 calendar days and I'll exchange it for two cassettes (including postage) from the list of still-available cassettes. Cassettes will be sent in the original (usually cardboard) boxes, with all inserts, flyers, or printed matter included, by Media Mail or First Class Mail. Tapes will be "Shipped in a cast-iron cloud" (TM) in a new bubble-envelope.

Most of the cassettes are Action/Adventure, with a few Science Fiction and a considerable number of boxed sets of 2, 3, 4, and even 5 tapes. There are a substantial number of comedy sets from the 1950s, including The Three Stooges, I Love Lucy and Red Skelton episodes, as well as very rare boxed sets of Shirley Temple and the complete, 13-episode BBC gem, "Fawlty Towers".

If you would like an alphabetized listing of all 350 cassettes, send your request to mac@thekingofgaragesales.com. To thwart the spam-eater, put "Cassette list" in the Subject line, and be sure to include the e-mail address and ZIP Code to which the list should be sent.

I have no idea what the response to this post will be; I could be inundated to the point of entering a room going out, or I may get a total of three replies. I can promise that I'll do everything possible to get you an expeditious response, and inquiries/requests will be handled in the order received. As VHS cassettes are swapped I'll delete them from the master list and--if it's feasible--I'll try to list the titles that are no longer available.

Thanks for your patience in reading through this opus.

Mac

KingofGarageSales (David M.)

Subject: Answers to questions
Date Posted: 3/14/2014 8:27 PM ET

I noticed two questions asked by members that I, too, have wondered but didn't see them answered anywhere. They are:

"Only movies can be posted"; does that prohibit TV shows like "I Love Lucy" or "The Red Skelton Show"? and

Do the VHS tapes have to be sent with the original box/case they came in?

Is there a different site I have to go to in order to read answers to questions?

deborah1175 (Deborah A.)

Subject: Want "My Little Pony" movies
Date Posted: 4/7/2014 12:21 PM ET

I'm looking for any "My Little Pony" movies for my granddaughter.  Let me know what you have and what you are asking.  Thanks, Deborah

Shadow (Patti A.)

Subject: Over 1500 vhs movies available
Date Posted: 6/1/2014 2:48 AM ET

I have over 1500 vhs movies.  Pm me know if you are looking for a specific title.

onysia (Patricia H.)

Subject: Indian in the Cupboard
Date Posted: 1/27/2015 2:10 PM ET

I have a vhs of Indian in the cupboard  Have you been looking for it?

Regina D.

Subject: Dragon Ball Z
Date Posted: 3/9/2016 10:06 AM ET

Have 65 VHS's of Dragon Ball/Dragon Ball Z------- Get all for 8 credits

Dragon Ball (young Goku) Episoides 1-13 (6) vhs's and (3) movies Mystic Adventure - Sleeping Princess in Devil's Castle - Curse of the Blood Rubies

Dragon Ball Z  - Episoides 5-133 which are Seasons 1-4 though missing first vhs of season 1 and last 2 vhs's of season 4

And Episoides 180-191     and    Episoides 195-216 which are part of season 6 and most of season 7

7 Movies = Burdock: Father of Goku = Arrival = The Worlds Strongest = Dead Zone = The Tree of Might = Lord Slug = History of Trunks

Also have Mobil Suit Gundam Wing for 2 credits    

Shooting Stars - Dark Shadows - Way of the Warrior - The Cold Battle Field - Showdown in Space

Please PM me to let me know what you're interested in.

Last Edited on: 3/9/16 10:24 AM EST - Total times edited: 1

Page: