Discussion Forums - Horror

Topic: HORROR MOVIE HALL OF SHAME

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Mark D.

Subject: HORROR MOVIE HALL OF SHAME
Date Posted: 8/12/2011 10:47 AM ET

Recently, i was able to purchase a wall unit for DVD storage from a local video store that was going out of business. It is 6 feet high by 6 feet wide and has to be bolted to the wall. It holds 600 DVDs.

Anyway, as i was stocking this wall unit with my DVD collection, i noticed that i had many movies that fall into the "so bad they're good "category. So i compile all these titles on one shelf (and this website will help me fill this section i'm sure).

Here's what i have in the HALL OF SHAME collection, so far:

FROGS

KONGA

REPTILICUS

KILLER SHREWS

GIANT GILA MONSTER

A BUCKET OF BLOOD

GODZILLA'S REVENGE

PLAN NINE FROM OUTER SPACE

JACK & THE BEANSTALK (ABBOTT & COSTELLO)

DISORDERLY ORDERLY (JERRY LEWIS)

i am mostly interested in classic horror/sci-fi as you may have guessed.

so, what would you put in your HALL OF SHAME collection? ? ?

Last Edited on: 8/12/11 10:55 AM EST - Total times edited: 1
SeeKingChrist (Simon D.)

Date Posted: 12/17/2011 4:42 AM ET

Wall of Shame worthy but also full of awesome:

Sharktopus

DinoShark

Alligator (1980)

Razorback (1984)

Mega Croc vs Gatoroid

Amongst others of the same genre.

FireflyDaddy (Tim T.)

Subject: Spoof Horrors
Date Posted: 1/10/2012 7:09 PM ET

The problem is some of the movies are ment to be that way like Attack of the Killer Tomatoes. Who even from the title is going to take that as any thing less then a joke. More modern are the movies like Not Another Teen Movie. They where not ment to scare they are ment  to spoof and poke fun at scary movies.

My biggest seemed to be CHUD

I loved the movie and hated it at the same time.

azizansary (Woody E.)

Subject: Hall of Shame, Dead Clowns #1
Date Posted: 3/25/2012 1:34 PM ET

Dead Clowns is without  a doubt the worst I've seen.  Not scary, just slooowww, boring and very poor continuity. Doesn't even fall into the "so bad, it's good" catagory. It reminds me of a bad high school project I had the displeasure to see long ago.

jorgito2001 (Jorge S.)

Date Posted: 4/16/2012 5:21 PM ET

I have about 700+ DVDs (down from well over 1000), and I'd say 70% of it is HORROR), of the top of my head, my absolute WORST has got to be:

Plankton aka Creatures From the Abyss

I urge you to put this on your WL and check it out if you like "so bad, its HILARIOUS" movies...its BAD...but you can't help but laugh, I considered putting this flick back into SAD circulation, but kept it to revisit whenever I'm in the mood for a good laugh.

Honorable mention to The Being, also obtained from this site.  I'm sure I've got plenty more worth mentioning, but it escapes me at the moment.

silverscreensilent22 (Robbi C.)

Date Posted: 5/20/2012 8:33 PM ET

I've seen some real schlockfests, and one of the best is "Brainiac."

Horror fans with a sense of humor will laugh themselves silly throughout this movie!

jfur (Jennifer M.)

Date Posted: 12/16/2014 8:40 AM ET

Best worst horror movie is killer pad! I laughed so hard at parts of this movie!

mglory67 (Alisa C.)

Date Posted: 5/11/2018 1:55 PM ET

Probably Humanoids from the Deep (I'm talking about the '80's version although the remake is pretty ridiculous also.)

Alli C.

Last Edited on: 5/11/18 1:55 PM EST - Total times edited: 1