Discussion Forums - Horror

Topic: search for horror similar to hannibal, and movies based on true crime

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
TudorPrincess (Evelyn S.)

Subject: search for horror similar to hannibal, and movies based on true crime
Date Posted: 2/15/2013 5:28 PM ET

hi all, I'm sorry if this search has been done before. I'm looking for any horror movies similar to the Hannibal movies in that it is both scary and has a good plot. The worse the villain is, the better. I'm also trying to find movies based on true crime stories, like the monster movie or american horror story. thanks all!

horrorfan70 (Tony B.)

Date Posted: 4/14/2013 1:58 PM ET

they made a bunch of movies based on the b.t,k, killer.

also  director ulli lommel's made a bunch of true crime movies.

although his are low budget some are okay...

Movies4life (Erica B.)

Date Posted: 10/28/2017 12:58 AM ET

I didn't care for Uli Lommel's Black Dahlia. One movie I enjoyed was "Grimm Love" but it is a very dark movie from overseas. It is based on a killer over there. Not for the faint of heart.

Movies4life (Erica B.)

Date Posted: 10/28/2017 11:55 AM ET

Have you watched "The Collector" or "The Collection?" They are a bit disturbing. I tend to like the Masters of Horror one hour movies as well and Fangoria. I have a few in my dvd tower, but not sure if those are what you are looking for. I did like the original "Let the Right One in" sweedish movie. One for the states was made called "Let Me In", sweedish version is so much better.

CamJay77 (Jay F.)

Date Posted: 11/22/2017 10:40 PM ET

26 Really Scary Horror Movies Based On True Stories

https://www.scoopwhoop.com/inothernews/horror-movies-based-on-true-stories/#.carbyxn9f

CamJay77 (Jay F.)

Date Posted: 12/9/2017 11:07 PM ET

"In Cold Blood".  

In Cold Blood - Wikipedia

In Cold Blood is a non-fiction novel by American author Truman Capote, first published in 1966; it details the 1959 murders of four members of the Herbert Clutter family in the small farming community of Holcomb, Kansas.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_Cold_Blood_(film)

In Cold Blood is a 1967 film based on Truman Capote's book of the same name.

Movie available on swapadvd as well as the miniseries. Good movie. Saw it twice. My brother texted me less than an hour ago and said he is watching it.