Discussion Forums - Vintage Films

Topic: Is Swapadvd about new movies only?

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
milagro (Kenneth A.)

Subject: Is Swapadvd about new movies only?
Date Posted: 5/9/2013 1:54 PM ET

I am only about one month into Swapadvd and have a question for longtime participants.   Do the people on this site only consider movies made after 1990 worth swapping?   I do not have endless time to pursue the video bazaar option and wonder if nobody owns or cares about classic movies ( sound movies between 1929 and 1969) .  I am willing to admit ignorance of the finer nuances of using this site,  and would like a chance to swap some excellent old movies using the traditional route on swapadvd.  I like Bogart, Lon Cheny, Burt Lancaster, Gary Cooper, Ernest Borgnine, Jimmy Stewart, James Cagney, George Raft, W.c. Fields,  Greer Garson,  Henry Fonda, Steve Mcqueen, Anthony Quinn, Carl Malden, Marlon Brando, Paul Newman, Sidney Potier.  I could go on and on.  P.S. I am under age 55.   

craftnut (Carole C.)

Date Posted: 5/11/2013 7:23 PM ET

I am into the Film Noir genre from the 1940s, love those and have a lot of them. 

CamJay77 (Jay F.)

Date Posted: 6/21/2014 10:06 PM ET

I have some movies on dvd from the 30's, many from the 40's, 50's and 60's.  Even a few silents from the 20's.

I am 49 and spent weekend nights as a teen staying up till the wee hours watching old movies on one of the few tv stations we got at the time. After the first one I saw, tuning in weekly soon became a habit.

Love Film Noir and could watch that genre constantly.

RutaBaker (Marya Z.)

Date Posted: 3/11/2015 8:57 PM ET

I love older films and classics. We have films from the 30s and 40s as well as later decades in our collection. Once we get past the early 90s  we have few, very few made then.