Discussion Forums - Questions about SwapaDVD

Topic: DVD received after action date. What to do?

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
madmod20061 (Mark G.)

Subject: DVD received after action date. What to do?
Date Posted: 8/24/2013 10:06 PM ET

I ordered a DVD a month ago (July 25).  The member I ordered it from waited til the very last day to accept and then waited til the very last day to mark it as shipped.   It was coming from not too far away and I started suspecting that either the other party did not ship it or shipped it well past the required mail date.   August 23rd came (the action date) and swapa marked it lost in the mail.   Today I go and get my mail and I have 2 Swapa packages.   I figured they were both newer requests I made.  One of them turned out to be the movie Swapa marked lost.  According to the postage the other member did not mail it until 1 day prior to the action date.  What should I do?  They did not follow swapa rules but I also don't want them to lose the credit.   I don't really care about the movie anymore as Best Buy had the blu ray version on sale for $5 recently so I used a reward cert.   I would have cancelled it but the other member printed the wrapper the same day he accepted it so I could not cancel.   I'm more annoyed with the other members behavior.  Why print the wrapper the first day you accept and then not mail it until almost 1 month later?  Any suggestions?

Last Edited on: 8/24/13 10:06 PM EST - Total times edited: 1
ahurley53 (Amelia H.)

Date Posted: 8/24/2013 10:18 PM ET

It might not be the fault of the other member, sometimes it is the  fault of the post office. I just had the same thing happen to me. You go into your transaction archive and marked the dvd as haaving been received there.

madmod20061 (Mark G.)

Date Posted: 8/24/2013 10:50 PM ET
No. It was thier fault. The post mark date didn't lie. They mailed it on the 22nd.
glowbird (Gloria B.)

Date Posted: 8/25/2013 12:00 AM ET

Mark,

I would write to the team and explain what you said here.  They will tell you how to handle it.  I always say I am not sure how to handle this one, and then receive their response and follow it.

You said: "According to the postage the other member did not mail it until 1 day prior to the action date.  What should I do? "

It is annoying when people wait until the last minute to take some action, and there may be reasons but what they should do is PM and let you know.  One person kept PMing and lying to me about when he would mail. . .it went on and on, like your deal, and took a couple of months before I rec'd a movie.  So I wrote to the team.  But in your case, if that person waited untl the day before action was to be taken (claimed lost in mail) then that is wa-a-a-ay beyond any grace period (which is too lax to begin with).  If it is mailed over a week late, you may not have to mark it rec'd at all.  I was told this once.  But then again, other members disagree, but that is what I was told.  I'd turn it over to the team before taking any action.

madmod20061 (Mark G.)

Date Posted: 8/25/2013 12:45 AM ET

Thanks Glowbird.  That's probably what I'll do.  Luckily this has been my only bad transaction here so far.  Most members tend to get the stuff out pretty quick and a good deal of them use instant credit so I get tracking. 

papaschild (Laura F.)

Date Posted: 8/25/2013 11:04 AM ET

Last Edited on: 8/25/13 11:05 AM EST - Total times edited: 2
Kay H.

Date Posted: 8/27/2013 5:10 PM ET

They may have put in a mailbox instead of taking it inside also.

madmod20061 (Mark G.)

Date Posted: 9/1/2013 8:55 PM ET

It was a post office label.  So the sender went to the post office the day before it was due and bought postage there (that's how I know they sent it late).  Doesn't matter anyway as it's all taken care of now. 

JonnieAngel (Jonnie M.)

Date Posted: 9/4/2013 11:14 PM ET

For anyone else who might be wondering (per the help docs):

DVDs that arrive with a late postmark need to be marked received normally, and the information about the postmark should be recorded in the survey portion of the DVD Received page.

• Providing the late postmark in the survey portion of the DVD Received page will generate an auto-email to the sender of the DVD, reminding him or her that late mailing is not acceptable at SwapaDVD.
    • The email includes the information that the late postmark could have been entered in error
    • The email includes the information that sometimes postmarks are delayed a few days, even if the DVD was mailed on time
    • The email includes the information that if the late mailing was agreed to by the requestor, this is not a problem
  • You can contact the sender using the text box on the DVD Received page:
    • Please be gentle!  You can't know what might have delayed this shipment.
  • If the DVD was declared Lost in the Mail and you requested a second copy because you thought the first one was really lost:
    • You can ask for your credit back in your Personal Message
    • You can note this information in the Comments box at the bottom of the DVD Received page: this will go onto the sender's record.
  • A pattern of late mailing will cause account suspension and possibly termination of membership
    • Sometimes late mailing happens for very good reasons, but chronic late mailing will not be tolerated