Discussion Forums - Questions about SwapaDVD

Topic: Buddy to Buddy trading

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Blindzombie74 (Sean K.)

Subject: Buddy to Buddy trading
Date Posted: 2/19/2014 9:04 AM ET

Is it possible to trade directly with someone on your buddy list?

TeaBea (Tracy B.)

Date Posted: 2/19/2014 2:53 PM ET

Absolutely.  Under my user name (TeaBea) is a button for DVD Tower.  That allows you to see what I have posted.  When you see "TeaBea's Tower" .....you can order from there.  Caution.......if you click on a movie title to see additional information.....you have clicked past the point where you are ordering from that person's tower.

Beside the DVD tower button you see a Wish List button .....click on that, view someone's list and you can post directly.  Again, don't  click on a movie title....and you are not posting to that person.  A screen comes up that confirms you have the appropriate UPC.  This is how wishlist multiples works (see the bazaar).

To double check your work - go to your Account screen and "PM" the person you posted to.  You don't really need to send a PM to the person......but can see their name.

Note:  not all users have their lists set to public.  List preferences can be changed in My Account - Settings - Privacy Controls

Last Edited on: 2/19/14 3:01 PM EST - Total times edited: 3
glowbird (Gloria B.)

Date Posted: 3/8/2014 11:04 PM ET
If you mean trade 1:1 with another mem, that is not allowed. Although you certainly can post wishlist movies directly.
Blindzombie74 (Sean K.)

Date Posted: 3/16/2014 7:36 PM ET

So, they would put it on their wish list. I would look at their list and click POST and only they would see it available. Not the entire site. Is that right?

musiclover (Valerie L.)

Date Posted: 3/16/2014 7:47 PM ET

Yes you can post directly to someones wl.  If they do not accept the wl  offer it will roll over to the next wisher.  However everything posted shows up in DVD's Posted Today.  Members can see what is posted but they cannot order a wl dvd like they can order a dvd with copies in the system.