Discussion Forums - Western

Topic: Need help from western lovers!!!

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
charris7925 (Connie H.)

Subject: Need help from western lovers!!!
Date Posted: 3/20/2014 11:47 AM ET

I am in search of a hard to find western, for my Soldier, whom has just returned from his tour to Afghanistan! I'm looking for "The Triumphs of a Man Called Horse" starring Richard Harris. I have the other two, "A Man Called Horse" and "The Return of a Man Called Horse", so this would complete my set. I would like to give them to him on his birthday! Please help me in this endeavor. 

Sincerely,

Connie (charris7925)

Brock B.

Subject: RE: Need help from western lovers!!!
Date Posted: 3/7/2020 1:27 PM ET

I know this is several years past and you might have a solution, but thought I would offer this anyway.

You may already know, but this film has never been released on DVD.  There are copies on Etsy that are offered for sale, but they have been burned from a VHS or other source.  Supposedly it is available to the public because of a failure to file or renew copyright.  There is actually a VHS copy on Amazon, but it doesn't specifiy if it is a studio release or a dupped copy. 

I was able to find a decent digitized version streaming on line, not sure if it is allowed to post the URL or not, but I am sure you can find it if you search for the title and rarefilmm.  If you know the rule around providing link and it is not forbidden, I am happy to get it for you.

Hope this is helpful.  Good luck, and please thank your soldier for his service to our country!

Thanks...
Brock