Discussion Forums - Horror

Topic: I don't remember alot about the movie, and it's driving me nuts, as to a na

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
mykittycrew20 (Debbi L.)

Subject: I don't remember alot about the movie, and it's driving me nuts, as to a na
Date Posted: 10/1/2014 9:01 PM ET

crying

I saw the movie on tv back in...I wanna say 1979 maybe '80?

All i remember is a young woman riding around (maybe NYC?) and narrating something that happened in her past, and then it jumps to 2 girls running out of the house (i believe it was Christmas time) snow was on ground, and they were followed by their mom, then all of a sudden the dad comes out fully engulfed in fire, falls down the stairs and lands face first in snow, then goes back to woman driving.

HELP!!!!!!!

Mark D.

Subject: HERE'S THE ANSWER..............
Date Posted: 4/10/2015 10:27 AM ET

here's your answer but first let me explain. The movie you are referring to has long been a favorite of mine. The title is SILENT NIGHT BLOODY NIGHT (1972). This movie has gained a cult following solely through showings on late night television back in the 1980's. The movie features Mary Woronov and Patrick O'Neal. A super cheap movie in which the story is told partially in narrative and flashback sequences. The sheer cheapness of this film is its real charm. Some consider this film one of the first slasher films ever made, even tho most of the murders happen offscreen. The movie was filmed on Long Island sometime between 1970 and 1971 but not released to drive-in theaters until 1972. Several of the cast extras in the flashback sequences were out of work soap opera actors from New York City.

Not a bad little film if you like that kind of thing.

If you're interested in adding this to your DVD collection, then the version that was released by Film Chest Video is perhaps the best quality out there. Check out my review for it here on SWAP A DVD.