Discussion Forums - Questions about SwapaDVD

Topic: Sent an item, trader is unresponsive, won't mark as received?

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
foxhack (David S.)

Subject: Sent an item, trader is unresponsive, won't mark as received?
Date Posted: 11/1/2016 6:35 PM ET

Uh, hi. I sent a package two weeks ago, but the person who requested it has not responded to my requests to mark it as received. I used my own shipping service to print the postage and sent him the tracking number, but so far I've gotten no responses. I even lost out on two potential trades due to this. :(

Is there anything else I can do but wait until the two weeks are up?

And why doesn't the site support adding a tracking number to our trades? It would make situations like these much less frequent.

silverscreensilent22 (Robbi C.)

Date Posted: 11/2/2016 10:10 AM ET

David,

Try contacting the team ("Contact us," under "Company") and let them know your tracking shows the item was delivered. It's a real shame when people won't reply to simple queries - I've had that happen to me, too. All in all, however, I've found most of the folks on the site to be very conscientious.

One caveat - be sure to give them enough time to watch the movie(s) or series. Sometimes people are on vacation, or work demands infringe, etc. Few people mark an item received the day they receive it. A week's lead time after the tracking shows the item delivered is a good rule of thumb.

Hope you enjoy the site. Check out the bazaar and the games when you get a chance - they're a lot of fun~

glowbird (Gloria B.)

Date Posted: 11/4/2016 2:04 PM ET

When this happens, I cut and paste the tracking information into a message to the team.  I use PP postage.