Discussion Forums - Questions about SwapaDVD

Topic: SwapaDVD money

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Lynne L.

Subject: SwapaDVD money
Date Posted: 11/22/2016 7:58 PM ET

Could someone please explain the SwapaDVD money?  I have 6 credits, but I can't use them on wish list DVDs and I keep getting bumped off because I don't have any money.  I used to swap all the time without "money", so I don't understand.

Orlswapper (Phil R.)

Date Posted: 11/22/2016 9:37 PM ET

Lynne, a change was made to the swapping rules some time ago.  There is now a fee of $.49 for each swap.  You can purchase SwapaDVD money in the kiosk.

kayote (Kayote B.)

Date Posted: 12/7/2016 9:55 PM ET

This is frustrating me again because they don't let you move money, just credits.

I have money at SaCD.  I want a DVD.  I can't order it without putting money here and now I have two little bits of money.   I don't want lots of little discrete piles of money, I to just put money in the sites as a whole, use it til it's gone, then put more in, not try to guess how much I want at which site.   I didn't donate any money at PBS for their Books for Schools either because the money is in SaCD and I can't spread it out.

I don't understand why we can freely move credits but money is stuck.  You need both to do anything.  Very frustrating.

foxhack (David S.)

Date Posted: 12/8/2016 7:23 PM ET

That's the main problem I have with the three sites. I use the book and CD sites to get credits for the DVD side of things, and using the postage system on both of 'em means I'd get stuck with money I can't move around.

Last Edited on: 12/8/16 7:23 PM EST - Total times edited: 1
Windyastro (Laura B.)

Date Posted: 12/15/2016 4:13 AM ET

Well you could certainly make a special request.   Can't hurt to "ask", that is always my philosophy

thebat2O (Cheryl S.)

Subject: Balance of $$ on Swap A DVD
Date Posted: 12/17/2016 3:44 PM ET

I had $25.00 on my account for over a year and when I asked for a reimbursement, I was told they did not reimburse money.  So, the only way I could get my money back was to put DVD's on my account and use up the money in sending them out.  What the hell is with the $.49 fee?  There goes your money also.  When I use all of my money, I'm outta here.  You'd be wise to do the same.

Last Edited on: 12/17/16 3:45 PM EST - Total times edited: 1
Carla R.

Date Posted: 1/27/2017 1:58 PM ET

I'm glad I found this thread, because I was also wondering if I could get a refund on money. I was pretty sure I couldn't transfer it. I'm guessing a lot of people are like me and trying to get out of these sites, and finding ourselves stuck with credits and cash. I understand leaving behind the credits, but the cash? Talk about throwing money away. 

kayote (Kayote B.)

Date Posted: 1/27/2017 2:17 PM ET

When I asked how to do it I was told I couldn't but they could do a special transfer if I asked them.

I just didn't order the DVD--it wasn't that interesting and I don't care to move money around then have it not on the other site where I'm more likely to want it, and I don't want to have to ask every time.

So if you want to get off the DVD site, but interested in books or CDs you could ask if they'd move the money to their other sites.  They have at least indicated a willingness to do this on a limited basis.