Discussion Forums - Questions about SwapaDVD

Topic: cardboard sleeved DVD acceptable?

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Gil S.

Subject: cardboard sleeved DVD acceptable?
Date Posted: 2/14/2017 1:38 PM ET

I received an Echo Bridge Home Entertainment DVD "4 Adventures!" UPC 0 96009 19634 9 with 4 90minute movies on a single sided disk.  No case.  The disk was insrted inside a folded/glued cardboard sleeve with artwork on both sides.  I have no doubt it was originally sold this way, though it was a surprise.  Trying to figure out how to separate the sleeve so it can be inserted in a case.

Is the cardboard sleeve format acceptable under club rules?    Suspect this format on the rise.

KathrynBlodgett (Kathryn B.)

Date Posted: 2/14/2017 5:16 PM ET

if it was sold that way, and everything else about it is postable (upc, no rips/tears, etc) then it is postable.

glowbird (Gloria B.)

Date Posted: 2/21/2017 10:24 PM ET

The cardboard sleeve things seem to come from dollar stores, and I highly doubt they are on the rise.  I know I don't like them because cardboard scratches dscs.  Unfortunately, as Kathryn said, it probably is postable.  But if you separate the cardboard sleeve it came in, then it is no longer postable because there is a rule on "tears," and it would be considered damaged.   I'd be tempted to offer it disc only in the bazaar, but that's just me.

Last Edited on: 2/21/17 10:25 PM EST - Total times edited: 1