Discussion Forums - Questions about SwapaDVD

Topic: "Pending on another member's Wish List" for almost a week? Help!

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Roger R.

Subject: "Pending on another member's Wish List" for almost a week? Help!
Date Posted: 3/16/2017 6:57 PM ET

I posted a DVD box set that has 15 members wishing it.  Six days later, it's still sitting in my tower with the notation " Pending on another member's Wish List .'  I can't even select it to delete it.  It's just sitting there in limbo.  How can I fix this?  I wanted to delete it and re-add it and see if that cleared it up, but as I said I can't even select the damn thing to delete.  Apparently the "pending" designation makes it impossible to remove.

Any help appreciated, I want to mail it out to somebody who wants it, and I need the credits asap.

TeaBea (Tracy B.)

Date Posted: 3/16/2017 8:39 PM ET

Apparently it's cycling through the various Wisher's.  If the first wisher turned it down (or it timed out after 48 hours) then it went to the next wisher (they also get 48 hours) and so on.  Eventually someone accepts the wishlisted set or your DVD is posted to the general system.

You can use the "PM" button (from the Account tab) to see who has the offer right now.  If it's still pending in 48 hours, then use the "PM" button again.  You will see the name change.  Also, the 15 members will likely go down.  That's not guaranteed because there may be new wishers, or "autorequests" without enough credits or fees still stay on the list.

Cancelling will just put you back in the same queue

Last Edited on: 3/16/17 8:44 PM EST - Total times edited: 1
Roger R.

Date Posted: 3/16/2017 9:16 PM ET

Oh, thanks so much for that info!  It's a 5-DVD set and perhaps previous wishers wish-listd it long ago and have either aquired it or are having second thoughts.  I appreciate this, Tracy!

KateWisdom (Renee K.)

Date Posted: 3/17/2017 1:41 AM ET

What's the UPC?

-edit-

I just want to see what the number of wishers is currently at (and if it's something I might be moving up the list for) ^.~ I've got a guess based on some poking around in the recently posted titles, but I'd like to see if I'm right.

Last Edited on: 3/17/17 1:53 AM EST - Total times edited: 1
Roger R.

Date Posted: 3/17/2017 7:26 PM ET

http://www.swapadvd.com/Midsomer-Murders-Set-Six/dvd/77297/

Still lists 15 members wishing...

ripley (Lori B.)

Date Posted: 3/20/2017 8:04 PM ET

At this point, because almost 10 days have passed, I would contact the site team and make sure that a glitch isn't holding it up. The book site is in a state of complete FUBAR right now, since the update nearly 3 weeks ago, so maybe this is something that is not right.

I have noticed a few things not working, e.g. the 'show graph' feature on the WL doesn't work, and the pop-up date calendar when you are marking the date a dvd you are receiving was mailed, also doesn't work. I have contacted the site about both issues already.

KateWisdom (Renee K.)

Date Posted: 3/20/2017 8:27 PM ET

I forgot to check in, but yeah.... if it's still showing the same number of wishers it seems like there's a problem of some kind since the wisher count should go down by 1 every 2 days (people can obviously add it in the meantime, but for it to stay constant during this is weird).

Roger R.

Date Posted: 3/20/2017 8:54 PM ET

Yes, definitely caught in some weird glitch.  :/  I'll let them know!

Jason N.

Date Posted: 3/22/2017 12:09 AM ET

This is definitely a glitch. I'm having the same problem with a wishlisted item I posted into the system. It's not showing as a wish list hold under the "My Account" tab, but if I look at my tower, it's been stuck as "pending on another member's wish list" for days without any change in the number of wishers.

Last Edited on: 3/22/17 12:15 AM EST - Total times edited: 2
Roger R.

Date Posted: 3/22/2017 6:22 PM ET

UPDATE! I messaged the site, and they confirmed it was caught in some glitch.  They fixed it, and it was immediately requested by somebody.  :)

And Jason, same exact deal as me.  They can fix you up.

Brenda K.

Date Posted: 3/23/2017 1:34 AM ET

Glad to hear you've made it out of the glitch. Sorry it happened, but glad that the request has gone through.