Discussion Forums - Questions about SwapaDVD

Topic: Broken/Damaged DVD case postable?

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Nerdgirl63 (Ginger S.)

Subject: Broken/Damaged DVD case postable?
Date Posted: 3/17/2017 5:37 PM ET

I have received several DVDs with broken or damaged cases.  The DVDs are fine though.  Can I post them?  (Sorry I tried to find the answer myself but so many reference hits left me with no answer.)  Thanks!

glowbird (Gloria B.)

Date Posted: 3/25/2017 7:30 PM ET

Someone else might be able to give you the definitive answer better than I.  Personally, I would never mail anything in a broken case. 

When someone receives a broken case they might mark it RWAP especially if the broken case has torn the artwork, which would make it unpostable. If a case is broken, you should always remove the artwork and inspect it for damage. The postability seems to lie with the artwork condition. Cases are easily changed out, and if you need spares you might check in the case and artwork forum. 

KathrynBlodgett (Kathryn B.)

Date Posted: 4/2/2017 8:36 AM ET

I would post the dvds in the bazaar instead. Its a real bummer to get seriously damaged cases when you aren't expecting them.

Kevin R.

Date Posted: 4/2/2017 11:02 AM ET

As Gloria said, if it's a standard case, you can get replacement DVD and Blu-ray cases at electronics stores or online, and swap out the artwork. For cases where only the hub is broken and it won't hold the disc, you can even get replacement hubs with adhesive backs. Just use an X-acto knife to remove the remains of the old hub, and stick the new one on. The cases made of clear stiff plastic (like CD jewel cases, and DVD digibooks) are particularly susceptible to hubs getting broken. And you can't really replace a digibook case!

Learned2Heal (S A A.)

Subject: Broken/Damaged DVD case postable?
Date Posted: 4/12/2017 12:28 AM ET

You could also maybe post it and then, when you get a hit, inform the member of the discrepancy, prior to shipping , and ask if they still want it.

foxhack (David S.)

Date Posted: 4/13/2017 4:28 PM ET

That's what I do. If the disc is damaged, I tell the requester, and if he or she doesn't want it, it's fine.

Prunella (L. P.)

Date Posted: 4/13/2017 5:16 PM ET

Posting a damaged DVD into the system is not allowed even if you tell the requester after it's ordered.   Those things can be posted in the Bazaar.

foxhack (David S.)

Date Posted: 4/23/2017 7:13 PM ET

Not even if the case has a small crack? I meant slightly dinged boxes and such. I did type damaged discs, but meant to say it as in the item, not the actual disc, my apologies.

Last Edited on: 4/23/17 7:13 PM EST - Total times edited: 1