Discussion Forums - Questions about SwapaDVD

Topic: DVD looked like a Peppermint Pattie

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Utwig (Erik F.)

Subject: DVD looked like a Peppermint Pattie
Date Posted: 4/30/2017 11:39 PM ET

Hello everyone, is the poison hotline for medication mistakes and misuse only? I received a DVD in the mail (Pound Puppies: Homeward Pound) and I accidentally tried biting a small corner, thinking it was a peppermint pattie from my Candy Bar of the month subscription. I'm not sure if polymer plastic such as polycarbonate is digestible or not, and I'm just slightly concerned. I tried searching on google and youtube for others who have accidentally eaten pieces of a DVD and surprisingly have yet to find one other case. I'm mildly embarrassed by the situation to tell you the truth, its not the first time I've done something absurd. I can remember as far back as HIgh School, not only did I wear the wrong fashion but I was careless in appearance overall. Once a week bullies would point out, "Hey, you forgot to take the hanger out of your coat," and everyone would laugh as I would try to take it out without removing my coat, struggling to pull it out while doing a half jogging motion, only to run into lockers or fall over stairwell banisters.I think enough time has gone by just from typing this that proves I'll be ok, I thank anyone who took the time to read this or care. I guess my second question then would be, will a DVD still play if it has a piece missing from it? Is the center the key part to a DVD? And if I enjoy Pound Puppies: Homeward Pound, will I also like John Woos Hard Boiled movie? Thanks. 

glowbird (Gloria B.)

Date Posted: 5/13/2017 12:21 PM ET

I'm sure the plastic is toxic. 

Hard Boiled is classic. 

Kevin R.

Date Posted: 5/14/2017 10:43 AM ET

Erik, if it's a short movie on a single-layer disc, maybe it's fine, since the data spiral on the disc goes from the center to the outside, opposite of the way that vinyl recordings do. On CD-R and DVD-R, you can actually see the extent of the data, by the difference in shading of the dye layer.

Did it taste anything like peppermint and/or chocolate? And goodness, how many petrified peppermint patties do you eat, that you mistook the DVD for one?

laugh

musiclover (Valerie L.)

Date Posted: 5/14/2017 11:21 AM ET

If Peppermint cravings should strike again go to Starbucks for a Midnight Mint Frappucino. 

You know I'm all about food.  

Last Edited on: 5/14/17 11:21 AM EST - Total times edited: 1
Utwig (Erik F.)

Date Posted: 5/15/2017 1:59 AM ET

I like you people, I like you people a lot. 

Utwig (Erik F.)

Date Posted: 5/15/2017 2:15 AM ET

Does anyone else know this Kevin person, and if you do can you convince him to come play in my first hosted game. 

http://www.swapadvd.com/forum/topic.php?t=36731

Mark D.

Date Posted: 5/15/2017 10:47 AM ET

i usually eat thumb tacks, paper clips and roofing nails for my meals. The doctor told me i need more iron in my blood so i am following his advice.

ALWAYS LISTEN TO YOUR DOCTOR...HE KNOWS WHAT BEST FOR YOU ! ! !

Utwig (Erik F.)

Date Posted: 5/15/2017 2:05 PM ET

How come you haven't joined my game Mark? You like ECW too, I can't promise a guest appearance of Lance Storm though....

Utwig (Erik F.)

Date Posted: 9/20/2018 3:04 AM ET

Follow up, I finally watched John Woos Hard Boiled, and it was really good, I'm usually not into action movies, but they did a good job with this one.