Discussion Forums - Questions about SwapaDVD

Topic: Missing episode guide

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Remy B.

Subject: Missing episode guide
Date Posted: 5/16/2017 12:23 PM ET

I sent a member a pristine season set (watched once) and he's making an issue about the "episode guide" missing from it. I told him it didn't  come with it for some reason. He says it needs to be sent in order to be complete. I copied and pasted from the POST DVDs section,  "Does the Title, UPC and number of disc match your DVD EXACTLY?"  Please tell me if I'm misunderstanding this. To me it seems like he's trying to take advantage of Swapadvd to flip for profit.  Maybe not, but what's the big deal with a guide.

musiclover (Valerie L.)

Date Posted: 5/16/2017 1:20 PM ET

Remy, Dvd's Do Not have to have inserts to be postable.

I guess he really wanted the set to have the episode guide so he's disappointed.

Maybe the set never had a episode guide.  

I think it's not out of the question that maybe he wants to sell the set.  You never know.  

Be nice to him in personal message and explain the situation to him.  

KateWisdom (Renee K.)

Date Posted: 5/16/2017 1:20 PM ET

An episode guide is nice, and technically a DVD that came with one isn't "complete" without, but I do not think that applies to it's swapability. It sounds like he's trying to have one over on you (whether intentionally or due to a misunderstanding of the rules).

KathrynBlodgett (Kathryn B.)

Date Posted: 5/16/2017 1:53 PM ET

The only thing required is the outer artwork, case, and disc. Nothing on the inside is required. Nowadays things rarely come with anything anyway and Ive got tons of brand new sets that dont have episode guides so not sure why its a big deal. Some people are particular about that sort of thing, but this is not really the place for that particularity unless you make a request in the bazaar.

Send him a link to this thread or have swapadvd deal with it.

Last Edited on: 5/16/17 1:53 PM EST - Total times edited: 1
musiclover (Valerie L.)

Date Posted: 5/16/2017 1:56 PM ET

I agree with Kathryn, my Walking Dead Season 6 was bought new and there was no episode guide. 

Remy B.

Date Posted: 5/16/2017 4:39 PM ET

Thanks everyone. I had already communicated with him nicely about the guide being missing when I bought it. It was essentially brand new as well. I watched it once and then listed it. I take very good care to keep the discs pristine so he got this set in exceptional like new condition.

He said he would mark it received but incomplete. How does that effect me? Should I waste anymore time with this?

TeaBea (Tracy B.)

Date Posted: 5/16/2017 5:19 PM ET

Received but incomplete?  Not an option.  Look at your credit registry and make sure you get your credits.  If you used SWAP postage you may get your credits either way.  But if you didn't earn credits contact SWAP Help Desk.  

There are three options - He takes credits away from you with Wrong DVD or Damaged by Sender  (SWAP postage exception).

OR He takes credits away from the "system" if he says USPS damaged the disc.

• Wrong DVD
    • This means the DVD did not match the listed item in ONE or more of the following aspects--Title, Format, Disc Count or UPC OR that the DVD was an inappropriate item (such as a burned copy) and should not have been posted for swapping at SwapaDVD OR that the DVD was sent without a case and/or original cover art
    • Posting burned copies of DVDs to your DVD Tower at SwapaDVD will jeopardize your membership.
  • Damaged by Sender
    • This means the DVD was not playable when it arrived, and the damage was not attributable to USPS damage en route
    • Do NOT mark a DVD "Damaged by Sender" if the DVD is playable. Use the comments box when marking the DVD received to describe any damage that does not render the DVD unplayable.
  • Damaged by USPS
    • This means the DVD was damaged en route, either through bad luck or due to inadeqate wrapping technique
    • This includes DVDs that appear to have been poorly packaged for mailing by the sender.
    • Do NOT mark a DVD "Damaged by USPS" if the DVD is playable. Use the comments box when marking the DVD received to describe any damage that does not render the DVD unplayable.

I have purchased new DVD sets too that had no episode guide.  I'm pretty sure I couldn't take them back to the store (opened) and get my money back.  This sounds like someone trying to get something for nothing.  

Last Edited on: 5/16/17 5:20 PM EST - Total times edited: 1
Remy B.

Date Posted: 5/16/2017 7:23 PM ET

Well it is evidenced that it was delivered with the tracking as well as our discussion messaging about it here (he acknowledges he received it only without the guide) on Swapadvd so I assume the powers that be can look at our conversation to see this is only about some paper and nothing to do with the condition of the disc or its packaging box. I went ahead and emailed swapadvd help to see what they will do about it. Will update on the resolution.